Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Do you hear Hang on CD ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi,

i have a few Hang cd´s. I hear a lot of music every day. At home and in my car. It is not very often, that I hear one of my Hang cd´s.
Only one I hear regularly. It is Manu Delago Handmade. This is in my ears very "easy listening" music. I have this cd in my car and i like it to drive and listen to this music.
All my other Hang music cd´s i use from time to time to play along with. The most hang music on cd in my collection is niced played Hang. But if i try to listen i stop after a few minutes and play my Hang. I cant sit only there and close the eyes and listen.
Maybe it is to much information lost on the cd ? Not easy to record a hang.

Do you hear Hang on cd ?

Greetings
Frank

Post subject: Re: Do you hear Hang on CD ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:27 am

I listen for inspiration. I like Portico Quartet and Manu Delago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Dante wrote:
I listen for inspiration. I like Portico Quartet and Manu Delago.

All of the above, plus Dante :) if you're in the UK and fancy the HangOut, you know where we are.

Davide Swarup's album is pretty good and also Spyros' album is amazing... its like the HangOut caught on Cd, really chilled out and totally beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Kelly wrote:
and also Spyros' album is amazing... its like the HangOut caught on Cd, really chilled out and totally beautiful.

Hi Kelly,
I don't know Spyros' CD. I would like to add it to the Hang CD Index. Are there any online information about this album?

Ix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey Ix,

I think the CD that Kelly referes to is just a sort of a jam session with diferent instruments. Its not like they tried to really build up a CD. But it is very cool, and it does remind the Hangout like kelly said because lots of it were spontaneous jams!

Don't think you'll find any info about it on the web though..!

greets

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 am

Lost is right.... the CD was created whilst Spyros travelled throughout Europe with the the final track being recorded on the isle of mann just before last years HangOut, its an impromptu collection of music and it really works, contact Spyros and see if you can get a copy of it, it's well worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:17 am

I listen to some combination of Hang music almost daily (in the car, on the Home theater PC during slide show mode, on the work computer, on the home computer).

I've been collecting Hang CDs for a bit and have the following:
Ron Kravitz & Pete Barnhart - Hang Meditations
Manu Delago - Made in Silence
Manu Delago - Adventions
Manu Delage & Christoph Pepe Auer - Living Room
Manu Delago's Handmade Band - Handmade
Christopher Of The Wolves - Aurora
Art of Fusion - déjà vu
David Samson - Hanging Out
Barnakústica - Barnakústica
Leonardo Trincabelli - Hangmusig
Andrea Hufnagl - Hangalas

I've been meaning to get Dante's album, Ravid's album, and Davide's album, and something from the Portico Quartet but haven't found the time or money.

My favorite for a long time was the Living Room album, but it's hard to say now. I also did a home-made extract of my favorite YouTube videos and listen to that all the time so many of my favorites aren't available on album (Andi Steil, Davide's Jerusalem video, Becapella, Liron, Davide with India Arie, Sylvian and David C, etc.).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm

I like Leonardo Trincabelli a lot !!!
(no question that Manu Delago is incredible ... but i like the Simplicity within the quality, that Trincabelli has got)
It was the first cd i had, a friend brought it from Barcellona
right after i got my hang ... (the cd hangmusig)
although i do play the hang different it kinda was a great inspiration ...

By the way, my CD probably isn't on the Hang CD Index yet, i already (it is more than one and a half years old)
sold it more than a thousand times in Europe and Canada, but i'm really lazy with Promotion and stuff (don't even got a myspace - but that will change soon :)

Anyways, Ixkeys if you send me your adress i'll send you my CD and you can add it ...
(wenn ich mal in Dortmund vorbei schaue sag ich bescheid ... aber nur wenn's wirklich Dortmund ist, um
etwaige Verwechslungen wie beim letzten mal zu vermeiden ... ;)

The CD is Jaron Tripp - Trip On Hang

Well, Keep Them Good Fires Burning Everyone

Jump to: