Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Play in church....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 pm

MY GOD !!!!!!

Watchaaaaaa......

for the first time....i play this afternoon in an modern church near my home.
I'ts was an church made in concrete and very angular...the sound in absolutely crazy.......7 seconds of reverb with de Ding and 4/5 with the highest note.
It was very very creative to play in this conditions.
Next.....discuss with the priest for playing every week and discussion about the possibility to made a little concert in few weeks or months.

just the envy to share that with you......

Post subject: Re: Play in church....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm

On my travel to Berne in summer 2007 I played in several churches in South Germany. Great acoustics. My cousin invited me to play in a little church he plays the organ. Unfortunately I couldn't do it the whole last year because of my illness. He said, that there is a spot direct under the center of the dome of the front part of the church. He tried it out with his choir standing in this point. The sound is reflected by the dome in a way that it sounds very great. I hope I can do it soon.

Ix

Post subject: Re: Play in church....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 pm

I'd like to share that last September I had the opportunity to play my intergral hang in 'The Hall of Mirrors' - one of the 8 underground Temples of Humankind in Damanhur (Northern Italy). Acoustically and visually it was a real trip! A very unique experience - a very unique and tootally unbelievaable/surreal place. If you are curious, click on the temples link on the damanhur.org website.

Jump to: