Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Re: Letter from PANArt. The future of the Hang!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:14 pm

hello

I'm a french singer, and i practice a musicothérapy with people autiste and handicap etc... i would like to buy a hang for my job and my concert.
you can help me?
céline from Paris

lost wrote:
Thanks Frank, and thanks to PANArt as well. They don't say much but when they do we can always feel a lot of power and positive energies in their words.

greets
Sérgio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Celine
All you need to know is here in the following link.
http://www.hangblog.org/2006/11/27/how-to-buy-a-hang/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I return to this letter by Felix many times and am reminded of what a wonderful opportunity I have been blessed with as a player/onwner of a hang. Perhaps one day I will have an IH to share with the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm

PANArt wrote:
we regard the hang as a gift from heaven

Gifts from heaven are free and can be taken back to heaven... the Hang is material and will remain in the material dimension.

For those who do not have a Hang, be aware that there is a multitude of other instruments to simply enjoy or to help you connect to the divine.

There is no need to feel as if something is missing from one's life if one does not obtain a Hang.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

HunkyDory wrote:
PANArt wrote:
we regard the hang as a gift from heaven

Gifts from heaven are free and can be taken back to heaven... the Hang is material and will remain in the material dimension.
=============================================================================
Perhaps heaven is not future real estate separate and apart from being but rather the realization that everything in this world is the manifestation of consciousness. Perhaps everything unfolds from consciousness -- including this world that we live in now and any world that may appear later. In this context the hang appears wherever consciousness wants it to appear.
For those who do not have a Hang, be aware that there is a multitude of other instruments to simply enjoy or to help you connect to the divine.

There is no need to feel as if something is missing from one's life if one does not obtain a Hang.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Saggio wrote:

Perhaps heaven is not future real estate separate and apart from being but rather the realization that everything in this world is the manifestation of consciousness. Perhaps everything unfolds from consciousness -- including this world that we live in now and any world that may appear later. In this context the hang appears wherever consciousness wants it to appear.

In this context availability issues are resolved, tuning issues are resolved, price tag issues are resolved.

The consciousness edition is the ultimate choice.

All the more reasons to still feel good if one does not obtain a Hang from the Hangbauhaus.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Happy HIPPIE mentality 2010...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:49 am

Massimiliano wrote:
Happy HIPPIE mentality 2010...

You never know, one day, someone with a so-called "HIPPIE mentality" might sell you a Hang... :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:37 am

Ohhh "HunkyDory" so are you maybe trying to say that some day someone maybe called "Felix" or "Sabina" with a HIPPIE mentality will sell me a hang?... of course I want to be a HIPPIE like PANART if I earn this:

500 hang units (at year) x 1.200 € = 600.000 € or
400 hang units (at year) x 1.200 € = 480.000 €

WOW what a kind HIPPIE mentality they have... huh?

Oh yeah the hang comes from the heaven to bless you... HAHAHA show me the money!!!

Good luck trying to get one!

;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:48 am

Massimiliano,

1. What is your definition of "HIPPIE mentality"?

2. How much money would you want to pay for a Hang?

Post subject: Metaphors
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:27 am

Metaphors can easily be misunderstood.

I think the metaphor "gift from heaven" is highly over-interpreted if it is used like in the last posts. In my point of view it only means that the "idea" of the Hang ("What it is") is experienced by Felix and Sabina not as something they made but something that is given to them and they have to find out what it is and take responsibility for it (a bit like a "child" - attention this is a metaphor too! ;) ).

Ix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 am

Hi,

@Massimiliano. I dont understand what has money to do with this topic.
In another posting I wrote a few days ago that you are totally wrong with your mathematic.
Why you post this again and again?

And what is wrong with "Hippie mentality"? What do you understand under this term?
It is hippie mentality if people go in the wood, because they want to learn how to make an instrument from far far away, what only could be made by hand and hammer?
I watched a video some time ago. It was about the history from Panart and the Hang. (Not the well known "Hang, secret revolution video")
The people in the video looked a little bit like Hippies. :)
But they follow a vision over all the years. Not the vision how they can make much money. There is no money in that.

It is the vision to find the best sound in this sheet of metall. And on this way they found something very special. If you try to make this only because of money, you will loose your power very fast.
I bet with you, that the future will tell storys from people, who want to make only the big money with this kind of instruments. And I bet, that we can see a few of them will shipwreck.

@Massimiliano. The topic here was "the letter from Panart". I understand, that you are sad that Panart cant sell you a Hang.
But, with your behavior in the moment you only show that you maybe dont read the letter about the "free integral Hang" carefully.
Panart wrote in this letter, that they must be more carefully with the new Hang. The Hang has a lot of power and energy.
Sorry Massimiliano, but with your behavior after the refusal letter from Panart, I could understand Panart, if they dont want to build a Hang for you, if you ask again in the future. Do you need realy the Hang for you?
I mean for you personally. Not as a tool to help other people, or heal the world. I think you should first search inside your own soul, why you now are full of anger against Panart.

Please have in mind, that englisch is not my native language and also not yours. I wrote nothing with bad feelings again you @Massimiliano.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Funky... ok here some assumptions:

1) You don't know me in person, so you never could say what I want a hang, also.. you know my reasons, I lost my father in 2008 was a drama, and I really miss him, I explained (totally and sincerely) my feelings to Felix and Sabina, I really want a hang to feel that I can connect with my father, with the sky, with the sea, or whatever, I'm not a EBAY looser man trying to get a FIH and then sell the hang for profit, so I know that I'm a serious person and my reasons to get a hang, I could also get a BELL or a HALO and I didn't because I believe in the Felixe and Sabina work. But I'm sick from some people in this and other forums when they try to say that there's just LOVE or PASSION in the hang creation, be serious guys and think that Felix and Sabina are HUMANS like us, and not mystic persons that came from MARS to create a SUPREME instrument, is just a piece of metal that anybody in this forum will not carry when we died in the future, it's a material thing.

I know right know 2 or 3 persons that owned an integral hang and they don't play the instrument anymore... they also played in Barcelona streets everyday to get some EURO or DOLLAR coins (profit) with the hang... and also one of this guys maybe will sell the hang on EBAY... so again the PROFIT story of the hang would be repeated. At this point even Felix or Sabina can't know just reading a piece of paper which one is suitable or not to get a hang... that assumption is totally ridiculous and impossible to control. So what you are saying is that I'm not a suitable person because now I'm frustrated because I didn't get a hang? which would be your best reaction? continue waiting and that's all? how much time? one? two? three years more? I'm angry with PANART because in all of their letters youll never know when you will get a hang... there's not intention from panart to get a commitment with me and all of those person that got the refusal letter... and because I'm sad and ANGRY (yes I'm angry with PANART) I'm preparing another letter to PANART that I hope they will respond this year asking the REASONS... If I would pay in the future about 1200 € for a hang I want to know all the details... who will keep my hang on tune in the future and PLEASE explain where i'm I in your plans as hang maker.

Finally I would be surprise if PANART don't sell me a hang in the future just because I said they make profit with the hang in this forum, or what you are saying is that you'll maybe talk with Felix and notify him that a human person like me is SAD or FRUSTRATED with their refusal letter???

For me Frank, this letter + the refusal letter didn't explain where I'm I. Also didn't explain which process they do to know which one is or not a suitable person and based on WHICH rules they define who can and who not get a hang. That's the reason of why I will send another letter to PANART, I'm not afraid about what panart will think regarding my new letter, I want to be clear with the hang makers about the frustration and bad feeling of their method to work. If they really want that other people like me don't be frustrated in the future, why they don't put online a website using high qulity videos and showing how difficult is to build about 400 or 500 hangs per year? is so frustrated try to understand why it's hard to satisfy their demand if don't exist any VISUAL information... so for me if they don't want to show how difficult and hard is the steel pan hammering process in order to get a hang is just because they want to keep their MONEY making system... That's all.

I'm sick when people playing hang in the Barcelona streets says that they are hippies with no profit or capitalism intentions with the hang... oh Yeah but the play for coins? or for sale their CD's in the streets (taxes free) ???, People need money man, like PANART to build their creation and also to eat and for pay the rent, so do you think there's not a contradictory feeling when PANART says that the hang is a GIFT? (1200 € is the price of the gift guys), or also when the new generations name "FREE INTEGRAL HANG"?? hahaha FREE of SOUL or FREE of money charges???. Too many contradictions... Frank... you know that I was on each touristic point or street (hang player places) in Barcelona trying to find the famous stolen hang. So If I didn't purchased a CAISA, a HALO or BELL until now and also I tried to help and find out that CRAP man that stole one IH from the hang haus is because I respect the hang and the hang makers job, what I can't understand is their method, their letters didn't say where you are in the future.

I would send my letter to PANART and be clear with the PANART hang makers of what I think regarding their instrument and their communication process + I want a final commitment "Felix and Sabina do you will make me a hang?? YES or NOT... be clear" that is the question that I would send to these guys, I have the money and I have the skills to play this instrument, better than a bunch of hippie drugs/drunk style guys playing around europe without any idea of how to play this instrument. I believe in the hang and not in the cocaine or hachis that they consume to connect with the instrument... stupid HIPPIE KARMA state.

I'm a serious musician, I'm currently studying TABLA DRUMS (from India) and Bansoori (from India too) so if Felix and Sabina just want to sell hangs to HIPPIE, MYSTERIOUS or TANTRIC persons... playing hang on the streets to get some coins I will stop the process and find other instrument with another vision. Could you please Frank mention how many professional percussionist or musicians around the world have a hang? and also owned from the hang haus and not from EBAY auctions? I really want to know which is a suitable person for Felix and Sabina... if they care any people that want a hang I know I will get my answers if not, I will understand that this is an elithist business made for HIPPIEs that play for coins in the streets.

Happy new year 2010!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Hallo,

@Massimiliano. I read your posting tommorow again with a little bit more time. For the moment, I say again that this is not a question of worthy or not worthy. Panart never said in their letter, that you are not worthy.

I dont know the number of people who wrote Panart in the foretime. I think my example is not totally unrealistic.
Let´s assume, that there are 3000 people. This people ask Panart for a Hang.
Panart know, that they can make 400 Hanghang within a reasonable or foreseeable period of time.
Do you think it is honestly and wise to tell Nr. 2800 that he can buy a Hang in 7 years?
Do you think it is easy for Panart to say Nr. 320 that he can buy a Hang this year, after he wrote a letter like: "This is my order for a Hangdrum. I am a great drummer and I need a Hangdrum to complete my drumset..." ?
And this, after this person read the new letter about the Free Integral Hang.
Do you think Panart will sell Nr. 720 a Hang next year, with the knowledge that this person has sold another Hang for much money on Ebay?

This are only examples. If they must wrote a refusal letter, this means nothing personally in the most cases. The most people who wrote a letter are not on any list with "unworthy" peoples. But only a few could have a Hang. This is only mathematics.
Who knows what was the exact procedure with this letters?

To speak about worthy and unworthy is totally wrong.
You could be sure, that Panart read from time to time in this and other Forums. This is, why I said that I don´t wonder if Panart in the future maybe don´t make you a Hang. Yes, i don´t forget that you searched for the stolen Hang in Barcelona. So, I wonder that you are so angry, that you make the ignorant reproach, that Panart chase the money.
If you realy want to understand the history behind Panart you find a lot of informations on the internet.
An artist could not tell people that he can buy the "same picture" in 5 or 7 years. A manufacture for instruments could do that, maybe. An artist can´t do that, if he is not totally stupid and unfair against the people who love his art.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Massimiliano,

You made some good points.

Personally, I would be just as satisfied with a Halo from Pantheon Steel.

If Pantheon Steel should contact me for a sale before the Hangbauhaus, I would decline the purchase of the Hang, should it be approved.

Loosing a loved one can be a very emotional ordeal.

Healing wishes to you :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm

HunkyDory thanks for your answer I know people like you will understand my point.

Frank, YES there's a lot of information regarding the PANART HANG, but nothing came in 100% from an official PANART website. At this point I will QUOTE one of your questions and propose other group of questions:

Who knows what was the exact procedure with this letters?

Who knows WHY PANART don't want to EXPLAIN the procedure to select each person?

Who knows WHY PANART don't want to make a special video documentary (today 2010) showing the hang haus and their concept of work to the entire world of people like me?... I can't paid for a airplane ticket to Bern just to go to Panart hang haus without an appointment. So WHY they don't show how is going the hang production TODAY and also explain how hard is to build a hang?... because you know what? if I could see that process I would totally understand their time frame and orders system process. If they don't show the process I have my rights as a human person to think whatever I want about PANART. Just an example... if you visit someday Barcelona, beleive me Frank go to the Sagrada Familia monument and after you paid the ticket FIRST go following the downstairs to the museum and after that start your visit to the inside church... there's so many IGNORANT tourist people that can't understand WHY this momnument take so long to be created... BUT they have a SOURCE... (the small museum) below the monument with lot of information, blueprint, and guides teaching you WHY take so long build the Sagrada Familia monument... after that people take a BETTER IDEA of why something like the Sagrada Familia monument is so hard to build and so important for the catalan culture here in Spain, and also for all of that catholic people around the world. They show you the bluprints, videos, sketches from gaudí, scale models, etc. So they give you lot of VISUAL information to bring you a good idea about the entire construction process. Here's my CONSTRUCTIVE disappointment with PANART, where are the documentaries? interviews? a step by step video showing the process (not the secrets)... you understand me now Frank? I'm a website designer and programmer and I could build a good informative and OFFICIAL hang site for PANART (if they want) with videos, source information and the most important thing... with FAQ section with THEIR RULES... the problem with the forums like this is that are not officially hosted by PANART is simple... make people think whatever they want. Look at the HALO website... they are clear with their customers... "The ordering gateway is closed until spring 2010 at the earliest. New orders will not be taken until then. If you are new feel free to sign up for the Halo e-info newsletter to receive updates on our progress."

So WHY PANART don't want to be CLEAR with their future hang owners using an official website? are you their messenger? Do you know more that PANART don't want you tell to us?

There's too much EGO in Felix and Sabina? Who knows if they are EGO CENTRIST? I can't know if they are a very good persons working without money profits intentions living in Barcelona... why they don't make a video showing their human side, process and letting know to persons like me WHY their work i'ts so hard and important?

I just find two pictures of Sabina and Felix on internet form that pictures they look's like a good persons but even that answer my question... "Dear Felix and Sabina... WHERE I'm I in your hang process?", could you please give me a visual idea of how you build a hang? I want to trust and respect your work and understand WHY is so beautiful to wait more than 2 or 3 years to get a hang. At this point Frank... do you really think that I'm a too hard demanding man when I ask for this to PANART? They will ask me 1.200 € Frank... so why I can't know how hard is the process until my visit to Bern? in a world with this GLOBAL CRISIS it's nomal that lot of people could not be in person inside the hang haus and they will choose the shipment hang option... so these hang owner will never get an idea of why it's so magical the hang haus because there's not VIDEO or DOCUMENTARY support (up to date) of the PRESENT and the FUTURE of the HANG.

So, imagine an excellent BASS guitar Luthier that you contract to build you a specially bass guitar for you... and you will pay about 4.000 €, OF COURSE I WANT to get the all information from the Luthier, of the process, pictures, scale model if it's necessary because AGAIN I will PAY 4.000 € for that bass guitar, and also I want to contract a good luthier with future vision because my bass would need calibration, maintenance, and all things just a good bass luthier can cover.

It's me guys, or I'm CRAZY and I'm asking something that it's impossible to do by PANART? if they don't bring a good light of how important is the process to build a hang I would not change my vision that they just want to keep all in secret because they want to be COPIED from companies like HALO (pantheon steel) or BELL ART (BELLS DRUM). If there's not a orders list in the PANART haus I'm free to think that these guys just want to sell hangs to their FRIENDS or HIPPIE style persons, or even persons with their same musical and life vision. Frank if they don't send a CLEAR message to the entire world and the people that want to won a hang then they can't STOP some worng assumptions of their work... you understand what I mean?

That's all... and don't be afraid I will leave you in peace and not show my opinion anymore in this forum if you think that I'm a LAMMER trying to fight PANART...or trying to flame this forum, I'm a serious and sincerely person showing my point of view... WHEN I WOULD CHANGE MY POINT OF VIEW?... simple... when PANART tell me and teach me WHY it's so hard to make a HANG... I want something that comes from the source, not a FANCY LETTER with TANTRIC words... not a FANCY STORY... I want to know the TRUTH.

Cheers from Barcelona!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Mass, you are now obssessing. Felix & Sabina have rejected your offer to buy a hang. They rejected hundreds or even thousands of others, myself included. There was nothing personal in their rejection. Your options now are to continue to query Felix & Sabina or get on a list to get a halo or a BellsArt. You cannot re-invent Felix & Sabina acording to your wishes. It will never happen so spare yourself further frustration and move on.

Good luck,
Saggio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Saggio wrote:
Mass, you are now obssessing. Felix & Sabina have rejected your offer to buy a hang. They rejected hundreds or even thousands of others, myself included. There was nothing personal in their rejection. Your options now are to continue to query Felix & Sabina or get on a list to get a halo or a BellsArt. You cannot re-invent Felix & Sabina acording to your wishes. It will never happen so spare yourself further frustration and move on.

Good luck,
Saggio

Word...

Mass, cut it out dude...

No hard feelings, but you losing it all the time doesn't make anything better.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:44 am

Hello,

Just want to share here something I put on another part of the forum that perhaps not everyone saw, but that is relevant here and I have also added a lot to it...

My partner was on the waiting list for a hang (since September '08) and got a 'no' email too. We are at peace with it, as we honour and accept the choices Felix and Sabina make. Matthew and Gabrielle, some dear friends of mine who also got a 'no', are also very respectful of the process Felix and Sabina have gone through and honour and accept their decision. They all would have been very suitable hang owners I am sure, but then so could be many thousands of people, and we all know there are not enough hanghang to make it possible for everybody to own one. We and our friends appreciate how difficult and challenging it must be for Felix and Sabina, and we know it weighs very heavily on them (My partner and I discussed it with them when we visited the hanghaus last year to visit them with my hang).

I am a public relations consultant and I can see that they could have done the process and communications about hang recipients better, but it is easy to understand how it turned out the way it did. We totally understand that they are artists that want to and need to concentrate on their art (and appreciating that when they communicate about the artistic side of things, their communication and expression is very beautiful and very clear) . They are not communications experts in a public relations sense - all that requires specialised skill and takes up so much time and energy and distract from making the hang.

Also, they could not possibly have known how it was going to develop (both the hang and the demand for it) or I am sure they would have managed things differently. Hindsight is 20/20 vision and we have all had the experience of understanding things much better afterwards, compared with before. It is also important to remember the quote 'Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes'. It is very easy for people on the sideline with the awareness of what is happening now to come up with all sorts of 'solutions' and ways it should be done. How can any of us know how we would have done it if we had been in the same situation in the same circumstances as Felix and Sabina have experienced?

The other quote that comes to mind is 'you can't please all of the people, all of the time'.

Another important thing to consider is that our thinking can run away on us and go to all sorts of places that are full of guesses and assumptions and have no basis in reality and that only cause us to suffer. I feel for you Mass, because I can see that you are suffering. I like what Byron Katie says, 'When I argue with reality I lose, but only 100% of the time.'

My partner and my friends really have no idea why the answer was no, and after receiving the email they have no idea whether it is a permanent no or whether it is a no for the time being and maybe they can try again in the future. However, because they have made peace with reality and trust and accept Felix and Sabina's decisions, they are not suffering. I am sure they will watch with interest and wait until it becomes clear over time whether there is an opportunity to ask once again for a hang.

Also, I hope that this current situation is not causing too much angst for Felix and Sabina as it would be sad if it was having an impact on the making of the hang. I vote for us all leaving them in peace to get on with their magic creations and remember the Zen saying 'No snowflake falls in the wrong place' - if you are meant to have a hang, you will have one.

I also want to share that while the hang has been my most special sound experience in my life, I appreciate the beauty of the sounds that come from a range of instruments - some very special and triggering deep experiences inside me. Recently I heard a wooden flute with overtones in it that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. It was truly extraordinary! (We would like to buy it but the maker of it is very careful who he sells to and is not yet convinced that we should buy it! He is observing us with interest...once again, we stay peaceful and open and unattached and see what happens.)

And finally, my experience and understanding of what the hang does is that it awakens us to the deepest part of ourselves - our essence, our true self. It returns us to profound stillness inside and reminds us who we really are underneath all the layers of thinking and busyness and living and conditioning and suffering. It's such a beautiful place, and such a beautiful experience that once we have found it again we crave it when we are not in that space. The hang is not the only way to go back there - it is a beautiful way, and a very easy way, but not the only way. It would be a mistake to think that without the hang we can't go there. That very blissful, internal place is always there for us to visit any time, and there are many ways to reach it. Yes, I go there with my hang, but I also enjoy going there with other beautiful sounds. It's a beautiful life adventure that I embrace and feel very uplifted by. What a wonderful invitation for any of us to explore the many ways to go there.

Liffe, and sound are an extraordinarily beautiful adventure, enhanced by the hang, but not diminished without it.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 am

samjjana wrote:
my experience and understanding of what the hang does
:)

It is important to note that samjjana states "my experience and understanding of what a Hang does".

Bear in mind that a person's experience and understanding of what a Hang does for them, may be a completely different experience to another person experiencing the Hang.

Ironically, the "awakening and enhancement" :rolleyes: experienced by some people who played the Hang, was to sell it at sky-high price. :o

Hang, crystal, talisman, bear claw or the likes, may not do you any good if you are not open and/or ready for it.

There is no enlightenment :idea: guaranteed with any of these items. ;)

Jump to: