Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: iv dropped my hang
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:04 pm

HELP iv dropped my hang.i have tried to contact Felix Rohner but no luck can any one help,lucy :o :o

Post subject: Re: iv dropped my hang
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi Lucy,

first welcome in the Hangforum.

Have you send a mail to the repair e-mail adress from Panart?
Normally Felix or Sabina answer in such cases very soon. At the moment they have visitors in the Hanghouse and I dont think, that they are not home.
How long ago you wrote Panart?

In the most cases it is not a bad problem to repair a Hang. Felix told me, a Hang is a little bit as a car. ;)
Has your hang big distortion now? Or it is only a little bit out of tune?

I am sure, that Felix or Sabina can repair your Hang and that they will answer on your mail.
Please tell me the e-mail adress you mailed.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 am

My heart sank... the memories came flooding back and I know exactly how you are currently feeling... its good to talk about it, online Hang therapy!

How badly damaged? if it's any consolation to damage, my hang was not only dropped it actually got sling shot across a car park by complete accident... flew for about 6ft and landed ding side down on the road, the hard shelf protected it, but also caused a large dent right on the tone field around the ding..... it was repaired but still bears the scar! a very fine line on the top of the Hang but it perfectly back in tune... they can work wonders.

If you haven't been to the Hangblog for repair advie, then read this: http://www.hangblog.org/2008/12/04/hang-repair/

Its a little costly on the postage back to Berne, worth every penny to habve yuor Hang back and singing though!

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 pm

p. 18 of the 2008 Hang Booklet has information about contacting PANArt regarding Hang repair. (Thanks, IX Keys).

http://www.hangblog.org/panart/Booklet_ ... h_GzD1.pdf

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks for your help,im going to send them a fax,id like to go to switzerland and meet with felix and sebiana.iv missed playing my hang,thanks again lucy. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 am

how are things going lucy?

i hope all is now better?

Jump to: