Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Re: The Hang - A Sound Sculpture
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Just wanted to say I feel so priviledged and grateful to be among those across our tiny planet who are playing/praying a hang daily and feeling the power of the harmonics and returning to that place of Oneness that the hang ushers back to.

Two weeks ago I was in range of a nail gun and since then the hearing in my left ear has become clouded and I hear a low level but high pitched whistle now. I am hopeful that this condition will clear up in time, but I am also frightened that it may not. At first the hang's harmonics were too overwhelming for me and I had to put it aside. But I am playing again, sometimes using an ear plug, sometimes not. The harmonics are no longer overwhelming my left ear but I am still being cautious. My wife and I host musical meditations with crystal singing bowls & flutes & hanghang & kora & variety of world instrumentation. I can no longer withstand the vibrations of the bowls & we have suspended our sessions.

The thought of not playing a hang is too painful to contemplate. But the harmonics are now part of my being and they will continue to resonate through my flesh & blood and bone. And I am grateful -- always.
Saggio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:08 am

Last summer I too had problems with tinnitus and couldn't play/hear the Hang fearing I couldn't play the Hang for ever. My right ear was so hyper sensible that the Hang sound was too strong for it.

As time go by the hyper sensibility vanished and the tinnitus quieted down and became an ocasional visitor instead of a continuos pesterer.

And now I can play and hear the Hang with no problems again.

Ix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:21 pm

A bit off-topic, but I think everyone must know what medications have a potential damage for our ears:

http://deafness.about.com/gi/dynamic/of ... pstein.htm

Jump to: