Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: rumour on Giddas Hangforum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Hi,

I just post a comment on the hang-music forum. I copy my post on this place, because I know that a lot of people read in both forums. I feel, that my posting is on this place more safe in the future.
Please have in mind, that the original posting is on

http://hang-music.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 887#p42887

Hallo,

I am Funky (Frank). I only use this nickname, because I have forgotten my Passwort from my Funky account and the forum system don’t send e-mails, because this is the solution to protect this Forum against Spam.
I don’t thought that I post in this Forum again some day. But I think It is better to explain some things.
Here are my thoughts. It is only my personally statement, but I am in contact with Panart and Felix. I speak with Felix also about the situation on this website. So, I can bring maybe a little bit more light in this situation.
To arrange or order my thoughts I make this point by point. Please have in mind, that englisch is not my language and that I realy have problems to find the “best” translation from time to time.

I don’t understand, that Danny only post such an small comment without the whole background. This realy bring rumours to the community.
And this could also damage the reputation from PANArt. @Danny. I don’t hope that this is what you want at the end from this Forum. Please be fair and post anything in the whole context. If you don’t know “anything” what is going on between Felix and Gidda it is better to post nothing.
We see again an chaos under the Admins. In such a situation normally Gidda must post the whole story behind that.
I leave this Forum month ago as an Admin, because this Forum has no organization between the Admins and Gidda. Here I see again, how the Forum works. The most people know, that we open in the meantime another Hangforum. (google is your friend).

Yes, Felix ask for changings on Hang-music.com. In the foretime this was a website about the Panart Hang. So the heading “Hang-music” was correct. In the last time we see big changings on this website. Hang is only one part on this website. There are a lot of another instruments or creations on this website now.
The heading “Hang-music” is not longer correct. It is an more “general” website and forum.
So Gidda has to change the “heading” on his website and he has also to change his domain.
Because a lot of people think the new creations are “Handpan”, this website make also a Handpan from the Hang.
As I said before on hangforum.com this is not correct and not the reality. I understand Panart, if they want to protect the PANArt Hang from this. (only one example why Panart don’t want a discussion about the Hang on this website anymore)
PANArt cant stop discussions about the Hang and this not what they want.
But PANArt has a “trademark protection” on the word Hang. (if it is used in an context of music instruments, and many other things).
They can allow websites to use the heading “Hang” or they can ban websites from this.

I cant understand, that the people on a “Hangforum” (a “Fanforum” as some people sayed) want to run a Forum against the wishes from PANArt.
Again. The problem is not to speak about the Hang. The problem is, that this website use the Hang as the “heading” and put the Hang in the next moment together with a lot of different topics.
The internet makes a “Hangdrum” from the Hang. Now Forums like that makes a “Handpan” from the Hang. And so on…

There are two people Felix and Sabina. They make every day this wonderfull creation, the Hang. I understand, that they don’t “watch without lifting a finger” that websites like this confuse the people and that they help to misunderstand the Hang more and more.

Are we realy friends and “fans” of the Hang? A few people here have very different interests.
As an “friend and fan” of the Panart Hang I also respect a little bit the feelings from PANArt.

It is easy to open a Haloforum, if there is any demand for discussion “outside the big shadow from the PANArt Hang”. The words from some people here be, that they want a discussion outside the “shadow of the Hang”.

Do you realy beliefe that this is possible on a “Hang-music.com” website? Yes, here is the shadow from the Hang. This was the reason from this website.

So, it is time to respect the wish from PANArt. I know that PANArt want only the best for the Hang. I hope here are people who think about that and understand the reasons from Felix.
We want a discussion about the Hang. They also want this discussion. This is not the problem.

I am confident, that people who listen to their Hang understand.

Greetings
Frank

Post subject: Re: rumour on Giddas Hangforum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I was a bit confused because of the words taken out of context, without the background. But now I understand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I agree that there isn't a functioning well administration crew at Hang-Music Forum and this was one of the main reasons to start this new Hang Forum as a well organized place for discussion on Hang topics.

I think it is up to Gidda to decide and tell what he wants to do, and not to an "admin" to spread rumours or to us to discuss rumours. He is the chief at hang-music.com.

Ix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Felix and Sabina may be cutting off their noses despite their faces. Right now the hang rules at Hang-Music.com. If the name changes to say "hangpan forum", or something to that effect, hang will just be one of many in a class of similar instruments. It will loose its current position as the preeminent force at said forum. Humans like to compare, generalize, and classify things naturally. The Hang will not stay alone in a class because of any outside force including but not limited to legal action (or threat thereof).

It is not because of any forum that many people, myself included, believe that hanghang, bells, halo, caisa, and others sure to come, are closely related in the big scheme of musical instruments (and yes I believe the hang is a magical wondrous musical instrument but a musical instrument nonetheless). They all share too many attributes not to be closely associated. It will not be me that assigns the name to this new class but I know what I see and hear.

Never having seen or heard any of these "flying saucer shaped pieces of vibrating sheet steel" in person makes me an authority NOT! On the other hand, being on the outside looking in makes me a somewhat impartial judge. Also, consider that I am not alone. Indeed, most of the inhabitants of this modern world will only experience these "flying saucer shaped pieces of vibrating sheet steel" via internet or recorded media (like all other music today).

Jump to: