Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Impression from my visit at Panart. Just back from Bern
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi,

I am just back from a visit in Bern at Panart. We had a nice and also a informative time. :)

We spoke about "this and that" and a lot of about the Hang. Sabina allowed me to hammer a nearly ready tuned Hang Top Site. You could believe me, that the sound wasnt better, after I did that. ;) I wondered, that it needs a lot of more energy as I thought to tune the "Pang" sheet. Because I dont know what I have to do, I only detuned one tone field completely. It was nice to see, how Sabina could bring the sound back.

Essentially. The Hangmakers Felix and Sabina put their heart and soul in making nice Hanghang, every day. I played in the workshop on a view different Hanghang. They all have the same tuning, but all have an own character.
They work hard and busy and they make a lot of research to make the Hang "better" and nicer.
For this work Felix and Sabina need peace and quiet and a lot of concentration. It makes no sense to travel to Panart without an appointment, maybe with the hope to got an Hang on a short way. Felix and Sabina have realy not the time for all the visitors without an appointment.
During we stay in the Hanghouse, people without an appointment came to Panart. Felix and Sabina said friendly: "welcome", told the visitor that they must make an appointment before! a visit. Than they said also friendly: "good by". They dont came across the doorsill.
I think they must do that and it is not easy for them. But if they dont do this, they have no more time to make Hanghang.
Panart has special times, where they invite people to visit the Hanghouse.
So, save yourself the trip to Panart without an appointment!

During our visit time there be a few other people. Some got an new Hang, some for a tuning, some want a backpack and so on... .
Felix and Sabina do a lot of for this guests and they were very kind and nice hosts.
They take time to answer questions, take time for discussions and this and that... .
So, it is clear that the need from time to time "Hangruhe". This means not holiday. It means that they have realy "Time for the Hang".

So. The Hangmakers are well. They make Hanghang every day. If they have enough Hang, they invite people to pick up a Hang or they ship the Hang to a new Hangplayer. If your Hang need a tuning they will do this work.
Everything is fine in the Hanghouse. :)

Greetings
Frank

Post subject: Re: Impression from my visit at Panart. Just back from Bern
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Funky wrote:
So. The Hangmakers are well. They make Hanghang every day. If they have enough Hang, they invite people to pick up a Hang or they ship the Hang to a new Hangplayer. If your Hang need a tuning they will do this work.
Everything is fine in the Hanghouse. :)

Greetings
Frank

It's good to hear that everyone is well, I'm glad you had a safe and informative trip! My question is, are they shipping new Hanghang to people on their list or are they only shipping Hanghang that were sent to them to be retuned? I'm confused...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm

paranoiagirl wrote:
It's good to hear that everyone is well, I'm glad you had a safe and informative trip! My question is, are they shipping new Hanghang to people on their list or are they only shipping Hanghang that were sent to them to be retuned? I'm confused...

They ship Hanghang that were tuned and they ship new Hanghang to its buyers if they whish it by now. This being said I think they prefer it when the buyers come to the Hangbauhaus and receive a initial advice, see how the Hanghang are built and who do it.

Ix
(who also is a part of the "we" that visited PANARt this week)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 am

Very cool, thanks for the information!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 am

I was not aware they cancelled their 2009 break from making Hang... suppose that's some good news to come of late :) I really want an Integral.... better get saving and on the list I suppose (check with wife first too)

Glad you guys had a nice time :) One day, i'll make the trip to berne to chat with them too... one day!

Jump to: