Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Back to 432hz ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 pm

I was wondering if any of you have heard of the growing awareness that the current "standard" frequency for tuning, 440hz, should be reverted to 432hz

There is growing interest, with good arguments, for doing this.

Just a sample of stuff I found makes interesting reading and is food for thought.

http://www.mtvdance.com/philoscience/432page.html

I wonder if Felix and Sabina are aware of this and if they have considered tuning to this frequency.
Would love to ask them about there opinion on this one :?:
(oh, buy the way, this is a Hang related thread, as far as I know the Hang is tuned using 440hz)

Post subject: Re: Back to 432hz ?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:34 am

Hi,

interesting questions.
I just read a little bit on the internet about that. It is not so easy to find websites with competent knowledge about the 432hz theory.
A lot of websites are a little bit to "esoteric" for me. But it seems, that also scientist and musicians thought about that.
I found out, that some instruments in the foretime were tuned in 432hz.
I read in the next days a little bit more. At the moment I cant say much, because it is new for me.
It could be interesting to ask Felix and Sabina if the thought about this in the foretime.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Funky wrote:
Hi,

interesting questions.
I just read a little bit on the internet about that. It is not so easy to find websites with competent knowledge about the 432hz theory.
A lot of websites are a little bit to "esoteric" for me. But it seems, that also scientist and musicians thought about that.
I found out, that some instruments in the foretime were tuned in 432hz.
I read in the next days a little bit more. At the moment I cant say much, because it is new for me.
It could be interesting to ask Felix and Sabina if the thought about this in the foretime.

Greetings
Frank

A very interesting point is that there seems to be a relationship between 440hz and tinnitus.
It could be a possible cause of tinnitus or at least aggravating it. :o

Also the amount of mathematical evidence supporting the 432hz is quite amazing.
I have a open mind to it all, having said that I have tuned a couple of my instruments today to 432 and the sound is a lot more peaceful to the ear. Not so much a conscience "hearing" but the "feeling" subtly agreeable.

Frank, perhaps you can use your direct contact with PANart to get there opinion :?:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Wow...love the link... i would like to learn more about this concept. thanks.

Jump to: