Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Got another letter from PANART... please help me...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:20 am

Hi guys, ok, like lot of people out there I got the letter from PANART with the all vision and information of the future of the Integral Hang to a Free Integral Hang... I sent my confirmation letter to PANART with my clearly position about that I want to acquire a hang in the future... AND... I gots this letter today:

Sorry, because of the copyright from Panart i must delete this letter. I will ask Panart for permission and maybe I can post this letter after the answer from Panart. I will post my thoughts about your questions in this topic @Massimiliano

Greetings FunkyMod

I'm totally confused about this, because I don't understand if they are saying to me "you will never get a hang" or " you will not get a hang soon" or "around the next year 2010", etc.

If anybody in this forum got this letter could you please share with me your thoughts?

I really want to now if the hang makers are cutting off my chances to get a hang in the future (forever).

By the way sorry for my basic english level.

Thanks!

Massimiliano

Post subject: Re: Got another letter from PANART... please help me...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Massimiliano,

I read your post with sadness. After reading it through several times I too was very confused by what it said. I then went to my email and found that I have also received the same email.

In one of the posts of the german threads there is a comment along the line 'at least you have an answer and haven't been left just waiting', however the email received still doesn't feel like a complete answer. There are several posts on this board already asking what this email actually means, surely this is worse.

From what I read in the german threads it looks like the 'yes letters' are being received through snail mail.

If your reading this I suggest you go check your inbox...

Regards,
L

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:20 am

Hallo,

first sorry again, that I delete the letter. I think @Massimiliano dont know that any (document, letter, written paper ... I hope one of the words explain what i want to say) is under a copyright from the author.
Panart send this letter to a lot of people, but they dont post it here. Only Panart can allow to post this letter on any place. I will ask Panart for permission and I am confident, that I can post the letter in the next days.

@Massimiliano. I hope I find good words to explain a little bit, what the problem is. (with my bad englisch)
First. Yes, I think that all people who got the "letter of refusal" are not longer in any "holding stack" or "waiting loop".
Every day Panart got a lot of letters from people who want to own a Hang.
We all know, that Panart cant make a Hang for all this people. It is not possible. What shall Panart do?
They are artist in a small workshop and not business people with a big factory. They must care on their energy and health.
The Hang is only such a powerfull and wonderfull sound sculpture, because the first interest from Felix and Sabina is, to search this sound.
Maybe they can make a few Hanghang more, if they are hurry and look on the big batch of letters from people who want the Hang. Beliefe me, that this Hanghang loose the power and after a short time Felix and Sabina are "burnt out". Artists cant work and make fine art with pressure.
You cant work with waiting lists if you be honest. This is only a arithmetic problem. For example. If you have 2000 people on a waiting list and this list dont! growth you can tell the last person that you will make him a Hang in five years. Is this what an artist can do? I think not. Who knows what Panart will do in five years?
They dont know what they will do in five years, or next year.
Maybe they find another sound? Maybe they dont want to make Hang some day and start with origami. ;) Who knows?
It is not easy for Felix and Sabina to tell people that they cant make a Hang for this person. Beliefe me. A short time ago I speak with Felix and Sabina about these situation. If you got a "refusal" in the next days it is not personally against you. It is only honest and you know that you must find another experience.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:47 am

Funky wrote:
First. Yes, I think that all people who got the "letter of refusal" are not longer in any "holding stack" or "waiting loop".

I can appreciate that PANArt are currently unable to keep up with the ever increasing demand but for those people like myself who have been on this journey for so several years to finally be told that they are no longer on the list makes no sense.

Surely those of us who have gone this far and waited on PANArt all this time should at least deserve to be put onto a possible future list as happened with the previous response from PANArt last year.

What's happening to all the people who were on the waiting list, are they also no longer on any list? I'd also be interested to know what the response is to those people who are new to the Hang and have just sent their first letter.

I'm now confused, demotivated and lost.....unless, as you say they will maybe start making origami instead, then this situation would make a whole lot more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 pm

metaldomes wrote:

What's happening to all the people who were on the waiting list, are they also no longer on any list?

Hallo,

I think it is a misunderstandings to think that there was any kind of waiting list in the foretime.
I am sure, that Panart read any letter they got, very carefully and that they have also in mind how long a person already wait.
But there was not a list with serially numbers.

A few weeks ago Panart wrote a letter or mail to all people who send a request on a Hang in the foretime. They ask all people to wrote again, if they are interested in the "free integral Hang". I could imagine that a lot of people send an answer to Panart.
At this point all people had the same odds. It was a kind of "reset".
They read again all the letters and they decided who can got a Hang in a reasonable period of time. I think Panart made plans for maybe one year in the future. They know how many Hanghang they could made in this period, and only so many people got a promise, that they can buy a Hang.

This is only my opinion and feeling.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

I have been reading these threads and thinking about the position people that wrote to PANArt were left in and found this letter.
http://www.hang-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12157
Presumably a lot of people recieved this letter and perhaps this was the last contact with Bern. Others may have got the November 09 letter, and then a refusal.
Funky wrote:

I think it is a misunderstandings to think that there was any kind of waiting list in the foretime.

If i had recieved that letter, I think it would be an easy misunderstanding to make, and I feel truly empathetic for those who have not had the news they were hoping for... This situation is confused further for me as was one the lucky ones who recieved an offer to choose a Free Integral Hang later in the year... despite only sending my first letter a few months ago.

As they said, Felix and Sabina have only 4 hands, and so there will always be dissapointment for some. This time it was not me, and I pinch myself every day that my dream really is happening, but my thoughts go out to those who are experiencing such sadness right now

Alex

Jump to: