Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Hang in France? Information?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 am

Hallo,

I'm from France and interesting in Hang since 5 years. I just want to say that in France it's also difficult to see or listen an hang player as to get one. I never see the instrument in live and never eard the sound expect in internet videos. I also wants more informations because with all forum dedicaded to hang we can read a version and the opposite, we never know who is in the right way.
I need to go to switzerland for my job the second half of January and i decide to go to Bern for 3 days trying get informations from the source.
I would like to order a hang as many people and my illusions are perhaps enormous, i need to do it.
seb

Post subject: Hang in France? Information?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 am

Hallo Hortus,

welcome. :)

Maybe you find an Hangplayer not far away in this forum. I am sure, that a few Hangplayers come from France.

Without an appointment it is not possible to visit the hangmakers. There is not a shop with visiting hours. I think in January they have a lot of work. It is likely that you only find closed doors in the Hanghaus.

By the way. Please dont make the same posting in different topics.
This is a little bit confusing. It is better to open a new topic, if you are not sure, where to post.

Greetings
Frank

Post subject: Re: Hang in France? Information?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Hello hortus,
first hand information you find in the publications from PANArt. Here you can find all PANArt publications available via internet:

http://www.hangblog.org/2006/11/27/the- ... blications

Ix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Sad today!

Thank you to ixkeys and funky for reply and sorry for my post in the wrong topic. I just receive today a mail from panart, sad sad sad.
I just understand that now, i only can enjoy feelings of Hang in internet..... That's not an idea that enjoy me. I just understand that i never will touch or play hang in my live. I was in hope and was ready to wait as long it's necessary, but i was not prepared to read "Unfortunately we must tell you that we are unable to sell you a Hang" with no more informations. I feel like at the end of a road, in front of a wall i don't know what to do, big in my deception. I can understand that hangmakers can't sell to anyone but my global feeling today in a part of injustice and a part of real sadness.

Peace for all, positive vibes...
Hortus

The mail from Panart i received

January 2010

We got your letter, thank you. You are interested in a hang from PANArt.
Unfortunately we must tell you that we are unable to sell you a Hang.
The demand has been overwhelming and far higher than we are physically capable of creating.
As sound pioneers, we can not go into long-term commitments. The Hang matures and we do not know where we shall stand in a year. The following letter will give you an inside of the newest developments of the hang.

We regret for not being able to make you any concrete commitment.
Thank you for your understanding and continuing interest in the evolution of the Hang.

Yours sincerely,
Felix Rohner, Hangbauer Sabina Schärer, Hangbauerin

November 2009
Letter from the Hangbauhaus

--------------------------------------
I left the beginning of the letter here as a quote but deleted the text of the "Letter from the Hangbauhaus November 2009" because it would infringe PANArt's copyright to post it here.
If you want to read this letter, you find it in the Hangblog where it was published with PANArt's consent: Letter from the Hangbauhaus November 2009
Ixkeys Mod
--------------------------------------

Last edited by Ixkeys Mod on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
removal of copyrighted text

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 am

Hi Hortus.
nice to meet you.
I'm living in paris and I met some guys who play the hang.
and I've heard there are some players in france.

so if you want to find one of them then it's not impossible thing. : )

Ciao.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 pm

hortus wrote:
I just understand that now, i only can enjoy feelings of Hang in internet..... That's not an idea that enjoy me. I just understand that i never will touch or play hang in my live.

Hey hortus,

It is a sad time indeed that you will not be able to obtain a hang for yourself, but do not ever think that there is not another way for you to meet and enjoy the Hang.

The HangOut here in the UK attracts Hang players from all over the world, its a great place to meet likeminded people as well as getting the chance to connect with the Hang yourself. Most people are more than happy for you to sit with their Hang and play so the chance is still there for you to connect witht he hang and get some enjoyment out of this wonderful creation.

check out the website for details, tickets for the event go on sale in february. It would also be a good chance for you to meet up with some fellow French folk (Wa-Dohm spring to mind) and possibly meet up with them in the future back home www.hangoutuk.co.uk

All the best

Kelly

Jump to: