Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: what of the future?
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 am

I had a read of the information booklet thats just been posted on the hangblog and It seems that Felix and sabina are still the only ones making hanghang for Panart is this right?

Do you think they will at any stage pass on their knowledge to apprentices or will the hang be no more in years to come?

Considering the demand for hanghang it's amazing that they are keeping the price so low. They are odviously in it for the love of it not for making money.

frazz

Post subject: Re: what of the future?
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:14 am

You hit the nail on the head there... they are in it for the love of what they do which is why they do not conform to any of the idealistic beliefs of what a company making musical instruments should do in a modern western society.

They hand pick people to own a piece of their art, their passion, their creativity... yes you sign a piece of paper to say that you won't sell it on eBay or for profit, and you are pretty much guaranteed that you get your money back if you want to sell it from PANart, they are protecting the instrument and the people that want to own one... just look at how many scams there out there where people are trying to get your money without there even being a Hang... or those that have a duff note that are sold for thousands of pounds... its all for the love of the instrument that PANart do what they do.

Apprentices from what I am lead to believe have come in the past to PANart but they were not listening to the steel and thus the love and passion that goes into the making of a Hang was not there, so Felix and Sabina have all but given up on that route and are content with going along.... what comes when the day they put down their hammers, the end of the Hang i'm sure, what comes after that is anyones guess with other makers already in production of their own handpans time will probably see them improve in sound quality and manufacture. So once the Hang ceases to be something else will in time replace it i'm sure, but will those makers have the same passion and love for the singing steel as PANart....?

Jump to: