Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Re: Newsletter from PANArt. May 2010. Must read!
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Thank you Frank and Michael for posting this letter from the Hangmakers. I am sure this will clarify for many the direction and the intentions of the Hang that the creators have set forth for it's future.

There will never be a way to satiate all that want a Hang. And perhaps clarification as to what a Hang is now, may allow some to understand that perhaps the Hang is not for them. With so many seeking an "instrument" or percussive body, the Hang is obviously not where there journey shall lead them. There are others now that can perhaps alleviate some of that pressure for the Hangmakers.

Despite so many opinions and thoughts that surround the culture of the Hang, I believe that the Hang will always be first in most people's hearts.

I look forward to the time that I will have the opportunity to have dialog with the makers. An exchange of thoughts and ideas. Hopefully, if this time does present itself to me, it won't be a one sided experience. (on either side ;) )

But as a sidenote, I do have to say that I will always find "a" music within the Hang. Be it solitary, meditative and tranquil, or even in the midst of a cacophonous life. But I believe, if you really seek to, you can find the vibrations that take you to a different plane of understanding and enlightenment in just about anything. The Hang is a tool that just makes that level of understanding easier to attain for those that may not be so disciplined. And that is a wonderful thing.

My sincerest regards and appreciation to Felix and Sabina.

Thank you.

http://www.imagineyedesign.com
http://www.youtube.com/imagineye

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:47 am

Hallo,

this newsletter from PANArt and also the "Hangguide" is very helpfull to understand what the Hang is and what not. I am happy, that we have now current informations direct from the hangmakers about their point of view.

It is for me understandable that a lot of people misunderstand the Hang as a hangdrum. I saw the Hang for the first time on televison. I think it was nine years ago. A very early Hang. I also thought this is a "cool" new drum, because i could not feel the real sound and the woman on TV played the Hang like a Djembe. We see a lot of examples on Youtube in these days.
And yes, I understand the fun behind that. I am also an drummer and percussionist.
My first encounter with a real Hang in the Hanghouse was a crucial experience. I heard the sound and i felt from this moment, that this sound could touch my soul so deep.............
No percussion instrument in the world let me feel something similar.
On my journey with the Hang i meet a lot of people who feel something in the Hang, what has nothing to do with the music I play.
It seems for me, that the Hangsound could bring the player and the listener
in a kind of resonance. The vibrations are good for my soul.
I like virtuosos on music instruments. I like complex rhythm. But for the Hang you dont need this. You are free from needs and expectations.
This is a big difference from other musical instruments.

So, this newsletter could help people to decide if the Hang is realy what they want and need. PANArt said clear that the Hang is NO! drum or handpan.
If you search for an percussion instrument the world is full of wonderfull possibilities. Easy to buy.
If you are touched by the sound of the Hang it is likely that you cant find these experience with any other so called "handpans".
But maybe it is a "handpan" what you want? Ask yourself carefully these question, before you ask PANArt for the Free Integral Hang.

Imagineye wrote:
But as a sidenote, I do have to say that I will always find "a" music within the Hang.

Yes @Danny. I also find "a" music within the Hang. I play every day music on the Hang. It is music out of my soul. The Hang is like a mirror. An amplifier to make the music inside me hearable. Wonderfull music.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Funky wrote:
I play every day music on the Hang. It is music out of my soul. The Hang is like a mirror. An amplifier to make the music inside me hearable. Wonderfull music.
Frank

Great quote Frank. Thank you for that. One day I hope to experience this myself. I am very happy to have read some of the recent communication releases from Panart.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Hangsters,

It was great to read this newsletter, and also the new publication from Felix and Sabina.
There is one question many have asked which remains unclear (to me, at least)...

If a person has received a 'no' from the Hanghaus for the last allotment of free integral hanghang, is it a permanent no, or is there the possibility that the following year (depending on the hanghang and who is seeking them and what may have changed in the meantime) they may be considered again?

In other words, it is a waste of time for the person to write a new letter (and Felix and Sabina to spend the time reading it!) or is there a chance that it is worth writing again?

Cheers, :)

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm

I think, someone who got a letter of regret, is able to read and interpret it for his/her personal case.

For any other person this question is useless. ;-)

Ix

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:40 am

My partner and two of my friends got the 'no' email and none of them are clear about this. This is in addition to reading a number of posts on the hang forum where others have also been unclear.

I assumed that with new information coming from Felix and Sabina that it would be more clear.
It is not. I had hoped to be able to pass on to them any helpful information.

Therefore the question remains.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:35 am

samjjana wrote:
In other words, it is a waste of time for the person to write a new letter (and Felix and Sabina to spend the time reading it!) or is there a chance that it is worth writing again?

Hallo,

I think similar as Ixkeys. It is a very personal issue how one goes about the situation.
But, I think it is not very sensible to write a new letter shortly. What should Panart do with all this letter´s ?
They send a refusal letter because they cant build so much Hanghang and they want to be a little bit "more carefull" with the Free Integral Hang.
The reason why people got an refusal letter may be different from person to person. In a lot of cases it is only a mathematical problem. In others it is maybe because Panart think, that there are other people where the Hang is in "better hands".......... and so on and on...........
I think that it is not easy for Panart to send people a "no". Is it helpfull to send another letter?

I know, that my answer is also not what you want to hear @samjjana. I have no other and this is also only my opinion about the situation.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Samjjana, I have the same feeling like you ;-).

What is hang from the hangmakers vision it's clear now... but... why they don't clarify to the people the acquisition process?. I will not send a letter to the hangmakers anymore, because I felt like a stupid sending letters without results, I sent two letters in about two years from July 2008 and nothing, I also got the famous "NO" letter without any chance to know if would be possible in the future to get a hang or not, that feeling it's terrible but again I will not contact Panart because I followed their rules "write a letter to PANART and bla bla bla", I sent my letter and I get a "NO" with any other detail about my future with the hang.

There's no method from the hangmakers to know which person behind a piece of paper (your letter) will play the new free integral hang keeping their vision about technique, or without using gloves, or playing in solitaire, or mystical functions... that is totally absurd, at this point I think their process it's just a kind of lottery... yeah send to us your beatiful letter and will let you know sometime in your live if you will get the first prize... but remember free integral hang, is not for drummers, or djembe players, if you play the free integral hang trying some special technique you will wrong... how their will control all these facts before to send a hang to a customer?? HELLO GUYS we are in the REAL WORLD!!!, anybody can buy and instrument and play any style, technique, or situation they want. If I get a free integral hang and play with a jazz band what is the problem?? if I play with gloves what is the problem? so you want to sell something and also expect the people will take care the instrument and play with NO TECHNIQUE?. My goodness!!!! this is totally insane vision... I can show you more tha 2 or 3 hang players here in Barcelona with their hang completely out of tune, with corrosion over the instrument surface, playing near the sea, and also hitting their hang with "STICKS" so how PANART will know which is a suitable person to get a free integral hang or not using their instrument point of view??

If the hangmakers really want to reduce their pressure about the hang demand expectation go ahead and publish a list of the all persons that are in the line waiting for a hang... THAT'S ALL!!! is that something IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT??? I really don't think so.

Again I felt like a stupid regarding the NO letter or where I'm I in the list...

Frank feel free to kick my ass from this blog but this is my vision about the hang FREAKING method of work.

Cheers for the suitable persons? totally insane!!

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Massimiliano wrote:
Frank feel free to kick my ass from this blog but this is my vision about the hang FREAKING method of work.

Hi,

Why? This is your opinion and you are free to post anything you want.
(of course under consideration of the netiquette).

Massimiliano wrote:
HELLO GUYS we are in the REAL WORLD!!!, anybody can buy and instrument and play any style, technique, or situation they want.

And in this Real World any Artist with a vision "what his Art is and what not" could sell the Art to those people, where they feel that the Art is in "good hands".

Massimiliano wrote:
I can show you more tha 2 or 3 hang players here in Barcelona with their hang completely out of tune, with corrosion over the instrument surface, playing near the sea, and also hitting their hang with "STICKS" so how PANART will know which is a suitable person to get a free integral hang or not using their instrument point of view??

Yes, this is a good example. Panart know much more than 2 or 3 from hangplayers like that. Why they should sell the "Free Integral Hang" to those people?
Only because they are the next on a list?
Would you do that, if you could make something special? I am not.

It is not a question of worthy or not worthy........
In the first line it is only a pure mathematic problem. Much more people want a Hang as Panart could build. And for me it is more than logical that Panart try to give the Hang in hands from people with a, at least, similar feeling about the Hang and his potential as the Hangmakers have.
And this are also much more people than Panart could make Hanghang.
So, it is at the end for sure a little bit luck to be under the people who could buy an Hang from Panart.

It could be easy for Panart to balance the supply and demand. If they would sell the Hang for 8000 Euro (for example) , the situation would be more in balance.
All people who are rant about Panart should think about this. We could be happy, that Panart try to find another solution.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Ok Frank I understand your point, and I'm happy that you don't misunderstood my opinion... but... again, your answer and the Panart newsletter didn't bring a CLEAR LIGHT about HOW the hangmakers will know who can own a hang or not. I'm not a reputated musician as STING or Vinnie Colaiuta, or any other famous percussionist or band player, I'm a man that love the hang sound an for example I would never play a hang with sticks or near the sea or damage a hang... so if am a legal person regarding the hang care + musical purpose HOW > AGAIN : HOW the hang makers will know that???

They will never meet me, know me, how they know if you will be a good hang player or not? just with oe visit to the panart hanghaus??? just talking for about an hour on their house? their would never be able to control what people do with a hang, that it's impossible, if you buy and IPHONE and then put the phone on your bathroom W.C ... that is your choice and your problem!!! how PANART will control people INTENTIONS with their creation? with the C.I.A??? with the SWISS ARMY FORCES? man is totally ridiculous just think about it.

I studied DRUMS for about 14 years, I also play TABLA, (I love chill out, jazz, world music and electronic music) and I consider me as a good, legal and serious person regarding a MUSIC perspective, but that is not a guarantee about what I will do with my HANG. I'm not famous but I'm serious, so at this point please give a LIGHT you or the HANGMAKERS about HOW THEY WILL KNOW YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON TO OWN A HANG?

Just give me that answer and I will be trust again in the HANG MAKERS selection process... but you know what? If would be possible to me talk face to face with Felix and Sabina I will demonstrate you that they also don't know HOW would be possible to bring a hang to GOOD PERSONS, MUSICIANS, HIPPIES, OR ANY OTHER HUMAN in the freaking world. If I bought a hang and then play in the streets for MONEY that would be prosecuted by PANART? is that the process? is that the vision?

I understand your position always trying to defend PANART, I understand your love for the instrument but I didn't know you... How I can guarantee that you are a good hang player and person? just because you built these website? this blog? came on man give the ANSWER.

Respects!

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Hello,

I cannot refrain of my from asking even questions. I already write a letter where I had for answer "NO", and I wait for an answer to my second letter for 2 months.

Two months, it is the time to make delivered a customized diatonique accordion of Castagnari. Certainly, PANArt hasn't the possibility of being as well reagent as people would wish it. I understands perfectly, and I am near to wait still from long months to have an answer.

But an answer to which ? I have write my letter with the biggest sincerity and my biggest care. But how PANArt could know it? I would have been able to lie in my letter, and NOBODY would not have been able to know if I had been sincerely or not. I would have an answer one day, but I would have waited for a long time. This answer has statistically not enough luck to be positive. And nevertheless I would have spend so much time in the uncertainty ! If the answer is negative, I could rewrite a letter a day ?

Hang is a particular instrument, I love him. I am near to wait several years, I am near to save the pocket-money of my parents and to work in holidays to have a sum which for me is colossal. I so investsme while it is probably impossible !

I am sure that a lot of people is in the same situation as me. It is sad ! PANArt is not responsible, and people either. It is an inextricable situation.

Certainly my comment will not have advanced things. But I feels that a lot of people puts a lot into their desire to have Hang, and that any best wills have no what they wish. It became "a quest", and I find that with the information which we possess we are a little lost.

Titouan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 pm

@massimiliano
It isn't possible to control in the way you want that the Hang makers should control. And I'm sure that there will be cases when the Hang makers will regret that they sold a Free Integral Hang to a certain person. And I also think that there are persons who got letter of refusal who would have been able to get an appointment if they had the chance to know the Hang makers personally... and so on.

It is not a perfect situation. It is a problematic situation. Two persons on the one side and a world wide hype on the other side. A perfect solution doesn't exist. And if one tries to avoid this difficulty by visiting PANArt without an appointment or something like this, he will make it worse and diminish his chances, because too many people are trying this. If you are interested in a Hang nowadays you compete against thousands of others (we, who found the Hang a few years ago when the Hang was just an insider tip, were in a luckier situation). Nobody can tell you the perfect way to a Hang. A "How to write a letter that will be successful" cannot exist, because if it would exist thousands of people would follow this advice and it couldn't be successful.

Nowadays it isn't possible to plan to own a Hang. If you are realistic you must make your plans without a Hang.

Ix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Hello again,
My question remains unanswered and I sense will remain unanswered about whether someone who has recieved a NO can write again another year and have a fair chance in a new situation with a different mix of people applying, or whether once they have received a NO that there is no point to write again as it only wastes time for the writer and the reader and keeps hope lingering when there isn't any.
However...having met them, I totally respect and trust whatever process Felix and Sabina choose and use to decide how to allocate the hanghang. I don't feel like I need to know what that process is. It is perhaps something that cannot be easily articulated anyway.
The situation is complex and difficult, and I am certain they give it deep thought and care, and that they have good and very sincere hearts and a very deep, intimate and intuitive understanding of the hang. They can only do their very best - and their best appears to be not good enough for some. There is a saying 'you cannot please all of the people all of the time'. Any of us in the same situation would have a big challenge and would experience the reaction of many unhappy people. If there are 2000 letters, and 1000 of them are from people who would honour the hang in a way Felix and Sabina wish, there still has to be many who receive a NO (like my partner and two friends all who would honour the hang). I am also very glad that the hang allocation is not filtered more by having a much higher price - it is a very good point that has been made.
Cheers,
:)

P.S.
I also believe that if you are meant to have a hang (or a lottery win, or a car accident) you will have one.
And if it helps to share it, on a more estoteric level if you apply the universal law of attraction, the more you lament that you don't have a hang and the more you feel upset you don't have one, the more you entrench a reality in which you don't have one. Better to put energy into feeling good about having one (imagining it, daydreaming, staying positive) and feeling very happy for those who have one and are getting one, and positive towards Felix and Sabina and trusting in the process, this is the much better chance and in the meantime you are a happier person with far less stress. And maybe in the meantime, explore many other unusual and obscure instruments in the world that are a fascinating journey in themselves and a joy to experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 am

Samjjana I'm 100% agree with you about this:

Quote:
My question remains unanswered and I sense will remain unanswered about whether someone who has recieved a NO can write again another year and have a fair chance in a new situation with a different mix of people applying, or whether once they have received a NO that there is no point to write again as it only wastes time for the writer and the reader and keeps hope lingering when there isn't any.

But I’m sorry I’m disagree with you about this:

Quote:
And if it helps to share it, on a more esoteric level if you apply the universal law of attraction, the more you lament that you don't have a hang and the more you feel upset you don't have one, the more you entrench a reality in which you don't have one. Better to put energy into feeling good about having one (imagining it, daydreaming, staying positive) and feeling very happy for those who have one and are getting one, and positive towards Felix and Sabina and trusting in the process, this is the much better chance and in the meantime you are a happier person with far less stress. And maybe in the meantime, explore many other unusual and obscure instruments in the world that are a fascinating journey in themselves and a joy to experience.

Is easy to says what you says if you have a hang in your hands ;-).

Reading the all answers I know that the hangmakers don't have any idea about how to do regarding the hang orders,letters, or whatever. As I said I can show you so many hang players here hitting the hang with sticks, without any care regarding the instrument, and playing for money in the streets... how can Panart stop this? just reading a good an maybe a fake feelings letter? I believe in 100% that the method to dispatch a hang is JUST LOTTERY... because anybody can do a good "impressive" letter for the hangmaker and then by a loosers having a hang, or also re-selling the hang for about 8000 €. You know what I think would be better to PUSH really HIGH the price 10.000 € per a hang, that movement defently will cut off so many people inside the LIST? But you know hangmakers don't do this for money... (laughs), they set you a price for a hang and also because they are MARCIANS or EXTREMELY SENSORIAL PERSONS they know who must own a hang or not... yea yeah again make me laugh... guys PANART most be clear regarding the all persons that got the "NO" letter... you know what I think they don't want to unveil any hope for the "NO" people letter because their business is out of control.

Good luck and be in peace for all of you that own a hang, because the frustration and bad feeling that I have now will maybe dissapear only if they are serious and show it to us what is the real situation with the hang orders letters, waiting in the line, etc. Imagine that you are sick and have a CANCER in your body do you will really live without stress if the doctor says one day OK if you wait about two or three years with our treatment you will be good and the cancer will gone, and after that time your doctors comes and says "ok your cancer maybe could be or maybe not be out from your body" or maybe you "could die in 2 months" or be safe in a year? come on guys I want to know if wait for a hang would be a good choice even if I must wait other 2 or 3 years more or less? , is the NO letter the final answer from Panart? Who knows? maybe the celestial people from PANATLANDYA will answer my question?

Cheers.

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Massimiliano,
a Hang is not able to save your life. If You ar looking for something that saves your life, you have to look for something else.

Wether your "No letter" is meant forever can only estimated by your self. You know your interests and you know the targts of the Hang makers. If tese are contradicting, the No letter wil likely be forever.

Ix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Ixkeys, as always on this forum try to despite people with other topics that I didn't mentioned... hang saving my live??? HAHAHAHA, you completely missunderstood the real thing (as always)

Please focus on the important thing... HOW they know who can own a hang? I'm not the only person asking more info about the acquisition process here... why you don't try to answer the Samjjana first QUOTE I set on my previous message?

Don't be afraid, say to us something consistent... or maybe you don't know nothing about the real selection process? if not, why the hang makers are not clear at all with the acquisition process and also with the future customers? rmember that word?= CUSTOMERS... we would pay MONEY for the hang, is not a gift... so why the RULES ARE NOT 100% CLEAR?

And again don't try to despite people with my concerns... my messages on this forum are clear regarding which questions I have in my mind, and the frustration that PANART make on all over the NO LETTER people around the world, if they don't want to express their feelings is not my problem I just want to get a real answer... I WILL GET A HANG OR NOT? AND IF NOT... WHY NOT? because I'M NOT HIPPIE? BECAUSE THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE THAT PLAY ALONE IN THEIR HOUSES? AGAIN... HOW THEY WILL CONTROL THAT? HOW THEY WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE GOOD OR NOT IN ORDER TO GET A HANG?

These contradictions came from the latest Newsletter and the hang guide made by PANART... lot of lines saying their vision, but where are the owners like me waiting for about 2 years in their plans?

Cheers!

Massimiliano.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi,

@Massimiliano,

as i sayed before. You could post all your opinions and what you want to say on the forum. But please remember the "Netiquette".
It is not needful to "shout, cry, scream...." . I hope one of these words is the right translation for "schreien".

Thank you!

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,

@Massimiliano

I have not much time at the moment, but I will post a few of my thoughts about your questions later.
If not today I will answer tommorow.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

OK

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Roaches in the spirit that PANArt is free to choose the customers, as any company.

And why not according to their philosophy ? Would'nt it be better that their creations are sold to the "most captivating" persons that people less in sync with them? It's true that it is inequitable for the others. But although PANArt will choose there will be injustices, because everybody cannot have a Hang.

It is sure that PANArt will not control the usage which make hangplayers. And it is likely that they will sometimes make a mistake in their choice : nobody is infallible! But why would not they have the right to choose them customers ? Because we belong (at the moment) to people who cannot acquire a Hang ?

Titouan

Jump to: