Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Diskussion on the new Hang forum
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello,

I open this thread, where you can put down in writing what you think about our new Hang Forum. I am very curious on your reaction, suggestions and sentiments.

Personally i want to say, that i thought for a long time about the situation. To take the decision for a new Hang forum is grown in me by-and-by. It was not a spontaneous mission "out of a clear blue sky".
It was not easy for me to inform Gidda about this new forum. It was my wish that we can work together. I recognize Gidda´s work as a "Hang forum pioneer", but in my opinion it is not enough "to be the first" and after it to rest on one's laurels.
The Hang community is very important to me and i am confident to be on a good and the right path.

And now i am very curious to hear your views. :)

Greetings
Frank

Post subject: Re: Diskussion on the new Hang forum
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Why a new forum about Hang ?????
I really don't know but.....if the hang-Music forum was the first and the only one serious forum about Hang in the world.....there is all place for all people and....certainly a place for an other forum about Hang.
The maker of the forum put the "line" of the forum but the life of a forum is made with all people post on the forum.
I hope to read more people about Hang and all subjet possible about everything here.
Hope it was an other view of the world and find new and interesting people here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Bruzaill wrote:
Why a new forum about Hang ?????
I really don't know but.....if the hang-Music forum was the first and the only one serious forum about Hang in the world.....there is all place for all people and....certainly a place for an other forum about Hang.
The maker of the forum put the "line" of the forum but the life of a forum is made with all people post on the forum.
I hope to read more people about Hang and all subjet possible about everything here.
Hope it was an other view of the world and find new and interesting people here.

I have to agree with bruzaill with reference to 'why a new forum', but this is evolution i suppose :) and we cant stop that :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi All,
I don't really know what has been going on with Gidda's forum, except that it sounded as if he had become less interested in it and was not prepared to let existing moderators have full control. Perhaps this is a more free form and flexible space in which we can praise the hang but also ask and answer questions on different levels and not just about the hang. I can see that people have been getting in to how best to use the software on the site and I guess we are progressing our IT skills as well.
The feeling that this is a more user friendly site that I very clearly have, is probably just that the site is new and not so dense. I belong to the Yahoo hang group but feel nervous about being in it and unable to just write my thoughts down, it feels too serious. Guys discussing making classical music when I can't read music and am more than a little intimidated. There is space for all with different forums and quite a few blogs now and masses on You Tube. The growth of hang knowledge and hang music and people who have come across this new instrument and who are trying to make similar has expanded tremendously in the last two years and we can but speculate as to where all this energy will go. We can also celebrate the diversity of hang chit chat across the world wide web. Let it all hang together.
Helen

Jump to: