Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: 3500,00 euro for a Integral Hang, am i Greazy ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi

I can buy a Integral Hang in perfect shape for 3500 euro is this a greazy price can anyone please tell me

Thank you

Greetings Ed

Post subject: Re: 3500,00 euro for a Integral Hang, am i Greazy ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi,

first welcome Ed,

All buyers from an Integral Hang signed an agreement with Panart. It is not allowed to sell this Hang . First the owner must contact Panart and ask if Panart want to buy the Hang. If he break the agreement he must pay the contract penalty.

You must know, that Panart dont will tune or repair any Hang sold with a profit. Panart know who the original owner from the Hang was.
So, if you buy this Hang and you need a tuning because of an accident you end with an Hang what will never be tuned or repaired by Panart.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks Frank, this is someting to think about

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I would also suggest you consider advising Felix and Sabina who is selling a hang for a big price and breaking the contract with them. They may like to know in advance, in case they would like to communicate with the seller.
Maybe they could change the outcome.
If you don't buy the hang and somebody else does who is not aware of the hanghaus policy of not tuning the hang, it would be very sad for the person to spend so much money and be without support.
I would also suggest if you decide to do this, as you probably don't have email contact with the hanghaus, perhaps you could ask one of the moderators if they could pass the details on for you? Also I think better to you send the details only via a private message so as not to name the seller on the forum.
Also, maybe if you communicate to Felix and Sabina that you would love to buy this hang but you respect their wishes, and at the same time tell them you wish to buy a hang directly from them (and why) maybe they would look favourably at your request because you have shown respect and integrity. (I only say maybe, because I don't know all the factors they consider when allocating the hang and what your reasons are for wanting a hang, and how that compares with everyone else asking for a hang).
All the best,
:)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:39 am

Hallo,

@samjjana

Thank you for this wise suggestions. :)

@brother67

Yes, you could maybe beware another person who love the Hang to pay a lot of money and be a fool if he has a problem with this Hang.
You could wrote me or Ix a PM. We can send your message to Panart.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 am

HI Frank and Samjjana

I have been thinking about it

People paying a lot of money for it because they fall in love with the sound
Its so hard to get one in a short time or long time
Some people wil take the risk not getting it tuned when its get out of tune
When someone wants something really bad you mind wil say "i'm gonna be realy carefull with it, nothing wil happend"
But if something happend and the Hang is not good tuned anymore than its forever ???
only because the seller asked and the owner payed to mutch money

Nobody can be happy with that

The seller who lose interest or loves his other Hang more or even worse loves his
Hang but sees no other way than selling it, can be in a difficult position not to sell his Hang for a good price in need of money
Somethings in life are more importend than the Hang contract, you can understand
That can not the reason of waisting a Hang Drum for life

I think nobody can blame the buyers for paying a High price
Remember how eva took the apple, its the attraction whatever the price

It's not the Hang drums folt, the Hang has his own life apart from his owner it has to sound good wherever whenever
If it's not at the right place it wil move on.

Who ever the bad guy is the seller the buyer or both the Hang is Victim

In my opinion, Felix and Sabina have to let go there childeren

Sometimes they come back Home for tuning so Mom and Dad can see how they doing

That cant be easy to reject

Greetings
Brother67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

I would agree with you, brother67, if the Hang was sold according the logic of the market. But we have to consider that it is not. Although the second hand prices arose to 3000 - 6000 €, PANArt decided to sell it for moderate 1300 €.

Why should PANArt change its handling of the repair issue but stay selling the Hang for 1300 €?

Whom's interests are more important? 40 persons who yearly buy an overpriced second hand Hang or 400 persons who yearly buy a new Hang from PANArt?

For PANArt the question is: Whom's interests will they serve more?

The 40 persons who don't have any chance for a repair are just victims of the market, as the 400 would be, if PANArt decided to solve the problem by arising the price for a new Hang.

In the discussed case of an Integral Hang there will be two prices to be payed: The seller will receive a letter from PANArt with the request to pay 1200 or 1300 € contract penalty he agreed to pay if he break the contract. And the buyer will lose the chance for repair service. And those who are looking for a new Hang only can hope that this doesn't happen too often. Otherwise PANArt perhaps considered to double or triple the sales price.

Ix

Jump to: