Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Is hang cleaning kit available to buy with credit card?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello hangsters,

I know I can buy a cleaning kit from the hanghaus, but unless the situation has changed, they don't accept credit card, and international money transfer is a bit expensive.
Is anyone selling a kit that is recommended by Felix and Sabina but where I can pay by credit card?
I thought I would ask this question first on the forum, and if I have no luck, then buy without credit card.
Thanks,
:)

Post subject: Re: Is hang cleaning kit available to buy with credit card?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Sammjana,

on the Hangblog you found the adress from the international distrubator of the cleaning kit.

http://www.hangblog.org/a-new-cleaning- ... ion-fluid/

I would send a mail to this company or call them by phone and ask if it is possible to pay with credit card.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Okay,
I emailed and heard back - there is a 5 euro charge for using PayPal. The exchange rate is not in my favour either, but it is still a lot better/cheaper/easier than international transfer.
Also, from the hangblog I understand that in Switzerland people can get the cleaning kit via the hanghaus. For the rest of the world it is through the German supplier.
It will be interesting to see how this new cleaning product works - sounds very good.
Cheers,
:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Samjjana,

I use the cleaning fluid for my Integral Hang and it works very well. At the moment no problems with rust.
If you use it for your second generation Hang it is likely that you will remove the top Hard Oil Biofa layer. This is ok. It is only a little bit more work at the first cleaning.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:26 am

Funky wrote:
it is likely that you will remove the top Hard Oil Biofa layer

Not only likely but necessary. The hard oil and the new fluid don't fit together because the new fluid solves the hard oil. Therefor you have remove the hard oil completely as I explained in my article in the Hang Library at hangblog.org.

Ix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am

Yes, thanks, I have read your blog.
I have the integral hang, and I have not applied oil in the 2 years and 3 months I have had it, so there might not be any left on there to come off! (It's in very good condition though, and has not really seemed to me like it needed oil, I've just given it a bit of a clean now and then.)
Cheers,
:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 am

Always good to use the recommended products.. but when they cost a fair bit its not so easy on the pocket. I have seriously used a beeswax polish on my 1st gen Hang for the last 3 years and have never had any issues with rust since using it, before then any amount of evening dew or slight rain would cause an orange tinge by morning.

Beeswax polish is like £2 a can from the local supermarket and last... well i've had one can for 3 years and its still half full, it doesn't leave a residue once its been rubbed in and left to dry for an hour and in fact I find the glide of my fingers across the surface easier once its been polished.

Just an idea... of course nothing will probably beat the recommended stuff, btu if you can't easily get it ot afford it then beeswax works pretty darn well in my opinion :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 am

Appreciate the tip, and it does sound good, but after over two years of not using anything recommended, I am inclined to think it is time now to follow the recommendations. My hang is in good condition, but I want to ensure it stays that way - I am guessing if I left it too much longer perhaps it would start to become a problem. The stuff is expensive (well actually, it is the freight to Australia that's the killer) but it sounds like it is very good, and a new development all the better, so maybe I waited until just the right time!
Cheers,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

samjjana wrote:
I have the integral hang, and I have not applied oil in the 2 years and 3 months I have had it, so there might not be any left on there to come off!

I think most of the hard oil still remains on the surface. My 2nd generation Hang is three years old. I also never added any hard oil and the layer is still there. Therefor I didn't use the new fluid on this Hang.

Only my five year old Low Hang had to serve as guinea pig to try out the new fluid. ;)

Ix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:11 pm

So did you then use the new cleaner fluid on the newer hang after trying it with success on the first one? In other words, it should work well on any hang regardless of how much hard oil is on it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 pm

No I didn't use it on the newer Hang by now because I think it doesn't need any new treatment by now. I don't play it outside or at dirty places and I don't have aggressive sweat. So I wiped it with a dry cloth only by now.

If you use the new fluid on a Hang with hard oil you must remove all the hard oil during the first treatment. I think this will work regardless how much oil is on the Hang because the cleaning fluid will solve all the hard oil. If there is more hard oil you just need more fluid the first time to solve the hard oil.

Ix

Jump to: