Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Re: how many have been produced?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am

samjjana wrote:
I just had the inspiration that it would be good to post a topic at the top of the hang topics page that has a subject like 'warning - hang sale scams' so that anyone visiting the forum who wants to buy a hang has the information to help them avoid that.

Hi Samjjana,

thank you. I will update my general information about second hand Hanghang with the information about those Scams.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 am

Hallo,

it seems that Ebay delete the auction.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:06 am

Great that eBay deleted the auction, but it is very possible he will sign up under a new name and change the information enough not to be detected and then try again. It would be good if anyone who is interested can keep a bit of an eye out for new listings that are suspicious. He might take a break for a week or two to cool it off though.
:?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm

...and another strange thing at ebay "Hang drum lydisch/lydic "
A new seller... No concret serial number...A hang from the first generation for at least 3000 Euro....And 60 Euro for the post... crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 pm

samjjana wrote:
Great that eBay deleted the auction, but it is very possible he will sign up under a new name and change the information enough not to be detected and then try again. It would be good if anyone who is interested can keep a bit of an eye out for new listings that are suspicious. He might take a break for a week or two to cool it off though.
:?

I think we shouldn't care for people who want to buy a Hang on Ebay. My only advice is: Don't buy a Hang on Ebay. Very most buyers on Ebay are ready to pay threefold of a new Hang and therefor support the speculation on the hang AND motivate the criminals to initiate Hang scams. They have to know that it is a high risk. They don't care that they are involved in the motivation for speculation and scam. If they are scammed, so what? Why shall I care for them?

Ix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 pm

I agree with you - if they are aware of the situation with the hang and the hanghaus policy.
I don't agree with you if it they are not at all aware of the situation. While I think it would be wise for anyone who wants to spend a fair bit of money to do research into something they don't know much about, on the other hand, I could imagine someone hearing a hang and being so inspired and captivated that they feel an impulse to seek to buy one and perhaps the first place they think to look is eBay. While I would say that's not very clever, I can understand it. If they don't know about helpful hang websites they won't receive the warnings/advice. Whilever there are naive, ignorant and not particularly intelligent people around, the scammers will be rewarded for their scamming.
A good thing would be if eBay had a more prominent warning notice to any potential buyer about scams and so on, but I doubt they would do that, and I guess there are still always going to be people who get scammed.

Jump to: