Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Hang Case (hard shell)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:24 am

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help. I purchased my Hang (a first gen Penta C) back in Feb 2004 when there were still distributors. I received it with a large case (not a PANArt case). The case, or bag, is the same circumference as the Hang but is double the depth as the Hang sits on a large foam base. I love this case BUT it is so bulky and big that when I want to take my Hang away, say on holiday to play in some beautiful surroundings, it takes up almost the entire boot and I end up having to leave it behind....HUFFF :(

It seems that all the Hanghang sold during this time in South Africa came in one of these cases as I know 4 other guardians who have the same case. There are two of us who are interested in getting hold of a hardshell and a PANArt bag for our Hang (I am now living in New Zealand though). Does anyone know how I would go about getting hold of these bags and shells?

As a matter of interest were all Hanghang sold with a shell and bag?

Be Well,
NJ

Post subject: Re: Hang Case (hard shell)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Neil,

You can buy both hard case and soft back pack case from PANart.
When I got mine it came in the hard case, and later I bought the soft one as well. I got mine in 2008 so I don't know if there have been changes since, but if they are the same, I can give you some feedback that would be good to know if you are thinking of buying them:

The hard case cannot lock - I would certainly prefer if it could.
I would say it is not 100% waterproof - the edges in heavy rain soak up the water.
It is a very unusual and beautiful case, but in my experience, attracts too much attention - which is something I am uncomfortable with as I would rather fly under the radar with such an irreplaceable thing as a hang.
The soft case is okay, but it has PANart written large on the outside - again - I would prefer not to draw attention to it.
Also, the stitching on mine is not robust. It hasn't had a lot of use and it already needs a repair.

I don't say these as criticisms of Felix and Sabina as I am certain they plan these things in good faith. I have been thinking about asking them if they are planning to improve the current cases. Otherwise I may consider getting a case custom made so it is subtle, waterproof, lockable and not easy to tell it is a hang.

Hope that helps.
:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for the input - greatly appreciated.

I hear what you say about not drawing too much attention and I suppose my case is great as it looks like a snare drum or side drum case.

I assume that I should write a letter to PANArt requesting a case?

Will get onto it...

Thanks Again
Be Well,
NJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:24 pm

You could write, or email.
Another thought is that I am not sure if all models of earlier hanghang would fit in the case/s so it would certainly be worth stating which model. (A friend of mine has a second generation hang and it fits okay, but that's the only other one I know of).
Then one more thought occurs...I don't know whether they would supply to everyone. My guess would be that any hang that has been bought/sold for too much profit they probably wouldn't service in any way - whether tuning or any other support or supplies. That's only a guess though. Just worth a mention in case it helps for you to be mindful of that (if you bought your hang secondhand and for a high price).
Good luck with that...
:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks for your input - greatly appreciated.

My Hang was purchased new when there was still a distributer in South Africa and I paid R5500 which is about 570EUR (not sure what the exchange rate was back in 2004) so I don't think their should be an issue. I will email them with my request.

Be Well,
NJ

Jump to: