Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang players meetings

Post subject: Hang players in London
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 am

Hello all,
Any other Hangists in London?
I've lived in and around London most of my life, would love to meet up with some other Hang players and have a bit of a jam. I'd happily host such an event, or if the good weather returns there are plenty of nice green spaces.

Post subject: Re: Hang players in London
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:53 am

Aye up squire... me and my mate Russ live just outside the M25, i'm about 8 miles from Reading down the M4 and Russ is in Slough so not too far from the capital... we're always keen to meet up with fellow Hangists. Have to try and organise something for sure.

Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Hey awesome,
You both are close to where I am right now, I have been living near Amersham for the last few months.
I have a car and am very willing to drive over to slough or near reading, what times are free for you in the coming weeks?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm

MrFox wrote:
Hey awesome,
You both are close to where I am right now, I have been living near Amersham for the last few months.
I have a car and am very willing to drive over to slough or near reading, what times are free for you in the coming weeks?

small world!!

i used to live near amersham... penn street village (in the hit or miss inn) and then in beaconsfield for a while... now i am sadly 3 hrs away from you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Small world indeed!
My suggestion for you Kelly and your mate Russ and anyone else who may be in the area, is to come down to this neck of the woods, go for a bit of a walk with Hanghang and indeed any other instruments (I have a djembe, I have friends with similar instruments, I know there is a didge somewhere, doumbek, tablas etc) and some food and drink on a sunny day and find a nice field with some shade for the Hang players to sit in and jam for a few hours.

Of course I'm very open to any other suggestions, I know plenty of people in London central/east who might play host to such a thing, or would be willing to do the driving out to wherever relatively close by myself. Lets have ourselves a Hangout :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:29 pm

I used to be a performing arts lecturer at Amersham and Wycombe college, the Stanly hill campus in amersham (going back about 6 years ago), many an hour was spent at the black horse after classes, alas the black horse pub which was opporsite the station has now been turned into flats and a resaurant :(

Alas i would have only been 30 mins away in a car as i used to live in Ruislip but reside in dorset. i would love to have met up and gone down memory lane of amersham but would not be a realistic plan :(

have fun though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Aw thats a shame Rob.
So who is up for a one off London based miniHangOut while the summer is still high?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 am

Hey chap... well i spoke to Russ last night and he's well up for it, so I guess now we just need to pin people down.

For me I go on holiday for two weeks beginning of August, but would be around I guess next weekend 25th/26th July? after that it'll be later in August... probably not a bad thing seeing as the long range forecast for the UK is not suprisingly rain, rain and more rain....

Sounds good though, both me and Russ play Didje as well as Hang... just learning Tabla at the moment which is where I was last night... damn hard but very rewarding instrument.

Sure you don't fancy a little jaunt up the M3 Rob?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Hey guys,
sorry for the lack of action here - i've been down with swine flu and a pretty nasty chest infection..
so I guess later in august is what it's going to have to be. What dates are good for you guys?
Luckily though, the later date means I should be able to get some other nice instruments (and their accompanying musicians :P) to come along, hopefully a double bassist and sax player are on the cards...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Hiya-

I'll be in London August 14th, 15th and 16th, maybe 17th too, would love to join. It's going to be beautiful weather that weekend, by the way.
I'm also going to post a new thread to see if anyone fancies a pre-HangOut gathering in the days before the Hangout weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey cool Ed, the more the merrier!
How about the 15th then? Kelly?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Sweet. I'll send a message with my number.

Jump to: