Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang players meetings

Post subject: HangOut UK 2010 competition time
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:38 am

Hi All,

Well its only 296 days until HangOut 2010 :) and already we're well under way with preperations and organization of the annual HangOut here in the UK.

The event this year will be held over the weekend of the 17th - 19th September and don't forget this is a 3 night event running Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. We had a lot of people leave on the Sunday, some who didn't realise it ran for three consecutive evenings.

So the first thing we'd like to do for HangOut 2010 is offer out the ticket design competition again to anyone with a spark of creative flair or inspiration.

The competition is the same as last year however this year we've changed the prize to 2 free tickets to the winner worth £50, so if you want to be in it to win it then get designing the 2010 tickets.

Please check the website http://www.hangoutuk.co.uk/competition2009.htm for details and rules of the competition as well as a picture of last years winning ticket design by Sandra Jatsch from Germany.

Deadline date for all entries is Monday 4th January 2010, any questions then please let us know.

Free the music

Kelly and Rob

Post subject: Re: HangOut UK 2010 competition time
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

Hi All,

Well we've had one entry so far for the HangOut competition, don't forget closing time is the 4th January. All entries will then be judged by an independent group of people who have nothing to do with the HangOut whatsoever.

With quite a few folk having time off work over the Xmas period its got to the be the best time to get creative, we're looking forward to having a few more entries, so get artistic people :)

Cheers

Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:43 am

Just bumping this up to remind everyone that the competition for the HangOut ticket design ends this coming Monday - so if you want to stand the chance to win 2 free tickets to the event in September get your designs in quick :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Hey all.... well today is the last day of the competition, it closes at midnight tonight.

We have so far had an amazing response of one entry LOL... people been too busy over the Festive period I presume.

Last day for entries so check out the website for details www.hangoutuk.co.uk

If we get no other entries then the one entry we have received will be the winner, so get creative if ya can.

Thanks

Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi All,

The winner of the competition has been chosen out of the entries we received and will be posted up on the website shortly. A great design by Thor Hayton and well worthy of winning two free tickets, we think it really encompasses the vibe of the weekend

Well done Thor and we'll be in touch soon.

Remember folks tickets for HangOut go on sale early February, watch the website for ticket release date.

www.hangoutuk.co.uk

Cheers

Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Damn ;) I just found this thread today... Maybe next year ;) but I think i will join the Hangout this year. I´ll get my Hang in April and I also want to visit a friend in the UK.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Quote:
The competition is the same as last year however this year we've changed the prize to 2 free tickets to the winner worth £50, so if you want to be in it to win it then get designing the 2010 tickets.

Why do you need a ticket competition?

It seems to be more important than the hang meeting itself...

btw: the most simple presents are money ;)

Anyway, have fun.

greetings Hangman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Why not have one??

Nothing is more important to me than the HangOut itself :)

The ticket competition is a bit of fun... something that thanks to all the moaning and aggro that's occuring around here and elsewhere of late is supposed to lighten the mood and bring people back to a sense of community.

Besides for the chance to design the ticket and two free tickets in, I personally think its worth it.

Money is not what the HangOut is all about... Money causes problems the world over... people never happy with what they have, want more and thus misery is very closely linked to money. HangOut is about celebrating the Hang, the music and the wonderful people that make up the community, its about giving people the chance to see, hear and play the Hang in a great environment without the need to spend a fortune on corporate festivals... its non profit, 100% of the way and that's the way I like it.

So money may be one of the most simple presents... if the winning designer wants to come to HangOut then the winner has just saved themselves £50 for two tickets... its up to them what they do with them tickets after that, sell em on if you're not interested in the HangOut but I like to hope that the winners will be into the Hang and will relish the chance to come along to the event "for free", sometimes its not all about the money but the fun people have getting involved.

:)

Jump to: