Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » The world of sheet steel sounds

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: my standpoint!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 am

there has been lots of heated debate around hang, handpan, halo, bell and so on - right and wrong, understanding and not understanding etc -

i do not imagine that this post will last long on the viewable forum but here i go- (before it is deleted please copy it if you get to read it)

i just received this - which i am not supposed to speak about - yet i think it is important -

Hi Michael C. ,

you wrote in the Forum questions about your future as an Moderator of hangforum.com.
Personally I think that questions like that should be discussed under the moderators and not in the open forum.

I understand this forum as a place where different people share their views and opinions.
I am not hangforum.com. Ix is not hangforum.com and You are also not hangforum.com
The forum belong to the community.

After my visit in the Hanghaus and my observations on this and the other forums in the last month, i think that maybe a few upgrades are helpfull in the future to have a better forum with a higher quality for the members.

So, we have to speak about a few ideas in the near future. Personally I think that you have maybe problems to be caught between two stools as an Admin or Moderator in three different forum with different main focus.
This Forum is predominantly a forum about the PANArt Hang.
It is not a "Handpan" forum.
You can put Caisa and Hang in the same "Handpan" category if you want.
I will do this not and I have a lot of reasons for that.

So, if you want to work more on a "Handpan" forum it is up to you to do this.
I have no bad feelings about that.
Please let us know, what you want to do. This is not a question to speak about in the open forum. I think you stand behind a good solution.

this forces me to ' play my cards '

so my good solution is this -

frank (funky) and michael (ixkeys) - you frequently overstep the mark (in english) with regards to 'suggestions' 'opinions' and 'fact'.

it seems to me (one of the most informed hang forum users in the world) that you have developed a superiority complex that has given you the balls to declare facts about the hang - i do not think you have all the facts or the right to do this - neither of you are the greatest hang players on earth and neither of you have the technical knowledge or experience to create a hang.

therefore i find it astonishing that you tell the rest of the world what they must or must not do with a hang.

it IS like a dictatorship on this forum and yes, maybe some of that comes from the german to english translations but not all of it.!!

i think the best solution for everyone is that funky and ix only speak about the hang on their own forum and they let the rest of the world do as it pleases.

i am quite angry at this moment and i am trying to be restrained.

i love the panart hang and i DO understand most of the nuances and subtleties associated with it - sometimes i play them like a drummer and sometimes like a monk.

i remember last year at hangout UK when i first met frank - i played an IH for the first time right in front of him and he complimented me on my playing - the very next day i performed the headline set with one of my bands and as i came off stage frank ignored me completely and did not compliment or acknowledge me in any way (i played hard on my hanghang in that gig) i drew from that that frank thought i 'abused' the hang.

i thought i had a good relationship with felix and sabina but now frank and ix make me wonder about this.

it is plain to see and hear that a halo and a hang are not the same thing but why not let people categorise them as they see fit?

this will be my last mod post and i wish to be removed from the bold statements in the introduction threads of this forum.

i am saddened and appalled at the situation we now find ourselves in - it is, for me, not a choice of moderating a hang forum or a handpan forum. it is a case of discussing all issues with humilty and openness. this forum does not have that facility.

at hangoutuk i am happy to play hang and chat with you frank but i will not get drawn into a debate about any of this - hangoutuk is about the music and the love - which i adore!!

peace to everyone who reads this.

michael colley
hang player
and
admin of hang-music.com,
handpan.org and
hangfan.co.uk and
ex moderator for hangforum.com

ps none of this is about om or imagineye for me - it is about a general feeling i get when i read this forum.

@ admin - ban or delete me if you wish to.

x

Post subject: Re: my standpoint!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:13 am

michael colley mod wrote:
there has been lots of heated debate around hang, handpan, halo, bell and so on - right and wrong, understanding and not understanding etc -

i do not imagine that this post will last long on the viewable forum but here i go- (before it is deleted please copy it if you get to read it)

i just received this - which i am not supposed to speak about - yet i think it is important -

Hi Michael C. ,

you wrote in the Forum questions about your future as an Moderator of hangforum.com.
Personally I think that questions like that should be discussed under the moderators and not in the open forum.

I understand this forum as a place where different people share their views and opinions.
I am not hangforum.com. Ix is not hangforum.com and You are also not hangforum.com
The forum belong to the community.

After my visit in the Hanghaus and my observations on this and the other forums in the last month, i think that maybe a few upgrades are helpfull in the future to have a better forum with a higher quality for the members.

So, we have to speak about a few ideas in the near future. Personally I think that you have maybe problems to be caught between two stools as an Admin or Moderator in three different forum with different main focus.
This Forum is predominantly a forum about the PANArt Hang.
It is not a "Handpan" forum.
You can put Caisa and Hang in the same "Handpan" category if you want.
I will do this not and I have a lot of reasons for that.

So, if you want to work more on a "Handpan" forum it is up to you to do this.
I have no bad feelings about that.
Please let us know, what you want to do. This is not a question to speak about in the open forum. I think you stand behind a good solution.

this forces me to ' play my cards '

so my good solution is this -

frank (funky) and michael (ixkeys) - you frequently overstep the mark (in english) with regards to 'suggestions' 'opinions' and 'fact'.

it seems to me (one of the most informed hang forum users in the world) that you have developed a superiority complex that has given you the balls to declare facts about the hang - i do not think you have all the facts or the right to do this - neither of you are the greatest hang players on earth and neither of you have the technical knowledge or experience to create a hang.

therefore i find it astonishing that you tell the rest of the world what they must or must not do with a hang.

it IS like a dictatorship on this forum and yes, maybe some of that comes from the german to english translations but not all of it.!!

i think the best solution for everyone is that funky and ix only speak about the hang on their own forum and they let the rest of the world do as it pleases.

i am quite angry at this moment and i am trying to be restrained.

i love the panart hang and i DO understand most of the nuances and subtleties associated with it - sometimes i play them like a drummer and sometimes like a monk.

i remember last year at hangout UK when i first met frank - i played an IH for the first time right in front of him and he complimented me on my playing - the very next day i performed the headline set with one of my bands and as i came off stage frank ignored me completely and did not compliment or acknowledge me in any way (i played hard on my hanghang in that gig) i drew from that that frank thought i 'abused' the hang.

i thought i had a good relationship with felix and sabina but now frank and ix make me wonder about this.

it is plain to see and hear that a halo and a hang are not the same thing but why not let people categorise them as they see fit?

this will be my last mod post and i wish to be removed from the bold statements in the introduction threads of this forum.

i am saddened and appalled at the situation we now find ourselves in - it is, for me, not a choice of moderating a hang forum or a handpan forum. it is a case of discussing all issues with humilty and openness. this forum does not have that facility.

at hangoutuk i am happy to play hang and chat with you frank but i will not get drawn into a debate about any of this - hangoutuk is about the music and the love - which i adore!!

peace to everyone who reads this.

michael colley
hang player
and
admin of hang-music.com,
handpan.org and
hangfan.co.uk and
ex moderator for hangforum.com

ps none of this is about om or imagineye for me - it is about a general feeling i get when i read this forum.

@ admin - ban or delete me if you wish to.

x

i think maybe it is important to realise for all german (or bernese) people that the word ' hang ' has many other meanings in english and there is a desperate need to attach other terms to it to make sense of it.

Post subject: Re: my standpoint!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:58 am

Site Admin

Hi Michael C,

I think nobody want to delete your comment. I post you some questions private and now we can see how you use privat messages.
But there is nothing in that what I posted, what other people not can read.

I think that private e-mails or messages should be not posted in open forums. You have a different view. Ok.
So, I can post my comment also here.

I close this topic, because you have found another place to sorrow each other as I see.

Your wish not to be longer a Moderator on Hangforum is for me sad, but I must accept this. So, I delete your status now.

Frank

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Jump to: