Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » The world of sheet steel sounds

Post subject: Announceing a New pan, music and technology community
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:06 am

Announceing a New pan, music and technology community 

A social network for musicians , fans , steelpan enthusiast, PanArt, hang_music, percussion of all kinds ( piteched and unpitched ) . We also talk software , the Internet  etc . The group is called calypso after the style of music and we're hopingto see a mix of diverse opinions and ideas . 

The hang (and I've been told to never say hang drum ) is said to the cusion of  the steelpan . I myself a panist first saw one  in New York City in 2007 on Christmas eve at the Union Sq station and one time since in Times Sq both times being played by a busker . I would love to learn more about the drum , where to buy them , lessons , share this fascinating instrument with my friends . 
So come join me , tell your friends , 
Join the group 
Post comment , promote gear , events , musicians wanted pagegs , start a discussion .  
Truly social experiment . Open to web developer , web masters , Linux and cloud computeing users . Studio musicians , lovers of harmonic function and chord changes, musicologist and anyone eles. 
From Anywhere in the world. Let build it together 
http://calypsorevue.ning.com

Jump to: