Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Members Introduction - Mitglieder Vorstellung

Post subject: Happy to switch, looks great...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Hello hangsters!
I've also swapped from hang-music forum now that I have been made aware of the issues and the hang forum solutions. I've also changed the link on my website from hang-music to hang forum. A big thanks to the decicated ones that have made this possible.
On hang-music I was 'adventure shaman' - here I have changed to 'samjjana' as that is the name my partner (Sahayak) and I perform under. He plays Native American Indian flutes and i have the intergral hang. We had a D drone flute made especially to go with the hang and it's amazing. We will very soon have some videos on YouTube so we can post the links once they are ready.
I also note there are not many women with hanghang or on the forum, so I am doing my bit!
Sahayak and I are from Australia but are on an extended world trip - currently in Costa Rica. We've been here 3 months of the 7 months we've been away, and happy to stay here for several months more. They love our music, we love the place and the people and we are having the opportunity to connect with some incredible musicians. We have held performances and are planning more. It is 12 months since I received my hang and as I am sure many of you could relate to, it has changed my life beyond belief..it is magical beyond belief! I feel very blessed, very grateful, and very happy that the hang chose me to accompany it on its mission to reach the people! It's a big responsibility but undertaken with joy.

Post subject: Re: Happy to switch, looks great...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:27 am

Hello Samjjana,

thank you for your nice introducion. :)

I am very curious about your videos and happy that you post the links if they are ready.
Last year I thought about to spend my holiday in Costa Rica. It must be amazing. Maybe we do this
next year.
Thank you for your kind words about the new Hang Forum.

I wish you a safe and good time on your journey. Nice that you bring the Hang to the people. They need it. :)

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi,

i just visit your website. Very nice. I and my wife are very happy to find pictures from sergio and andreia there. I am sure your visit was very nice. We meet sergio and andreia at the last year Hangout Uk.
Great connections between the Hang community. :)

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Frank,
Glad you enjoyed the website!
Yes, the hanghang decided to get together to make some music, and Sergio and Andreia, and Sahayak and I all got to enjoy the experience. We went initially just for a few days, on Sergio's kind invitation...and stayed 3 weeks! They are very special young people and it was lovely for all of us to share that time. Next thing we will have to do is have them come and visit us when we are back in Australia!
Maia :)

Jump to: