Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Members Introduction - Mitglieder Vorstellung

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:11 pm

I am a professor of music in Ohio, USA.

I am also a percussionist, playing mainly Djembe, cungas, bongos, and cymbals. I play using my hands as well as various mallets. I use my hands as well on the cymbals along with mallets and a violin bow on the edge of the cymbals.

Here is a Youtube link to one of my performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kNohaeCjc

I stumbled upon the Hang this morning while watching a recent Emeril Live cooking show on the Food Network. Doc Gibbs, the leader of a band that is the regular music used for the show, was playing a Hang, and I was immediately fascinated.

I have been spending the rest of the day researching this new instrument, which is impossible to purchase at this time.

I look forward to meeting new people from around the world who share this fascination with the Hang.

Post subject: Re: hello
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi Bill,

welcome on the forum. I just watched your youtube video. It is not impossible to play a Hang some day. You need only patience and maybe the Hangmakers want to build a Hang for you.
Here is a good place to share the love on Hang with other people all over the world. I hope to read more from you in the future.

Greetings from germany.

Frank

Post subject: Re: hello
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey Bill... visit www.hangblog.org it'll give you all the info you want about the Hang and where to send your letter to get one... get on the list and who knows, you may well get one :)

Glad you found the Hang though, it's a wonderful creation.

Jump to: