Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Members Introduction - Mitglieder Vorstellung

Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:25 pm

My name is Werner, I am swiss, living in Berne Switzerland (where else...:-)

I am playing, but mainly building and tuning Steelpans since the beginning of the 1990ies. Pan has since been a great part of my life and has brought me to a number of places which I would not have visited as an ordinary tourist.

I do not own a Hang and I also do not plan to get one in the near future. I am a fulltime "panman" (trinidadian terminology). My interest lies in refining my instruments in order to be able to create a different sound, a sound which differs from the today commonly used "overtone-screaming" Steelpans. I'll write more about all that in another topic.

For now, I wish to thank the initiators of this Forum for building up this platform. I especially enjoy the fact that this is a moderated Forum!

Werner

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Werner,

welcome. It is nice to have a man "with the hammer in the hand" in our community.
I am sure, that we have interesting talks about the "world of sheet steel sounds" in the future.

Greetings
Frank

Jump to: