Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Members Introduction - Mitglieder Vorstellung

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Greetings everyone. Thank you for setting up this forum. The work to manage these type of communities is never ending. I look forward to a forum about Hang and other steel percussion instruments and hope it will be engaging, respectful and enlightening and will do my part to contribute. I'm especially interested in getting the best possible sound recording the Hang.

I'm a musician from the southwest US. So far I've incorporated the Hang into three of my CD releases as a solo instrument, with Native American flutes, Spoken Word, percussion and vocals. As a performing and touring musician I take the Hang into many places where no one has seen or heard of it. I enjoy (to a point) explaining its origins and demonstrating the uniqueness.

Randy

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi ,

first welcome :)

To record the Hang is not so easy. I think it is not realy possible. But a good question is, how to reach the best result. A lot of people try to find the best way. I think with your experience you can help other members and maybe they test different ways to record the Hang.
Feel free to open a discussion in the Hang topics. Very interesting to share experiences.

Greetings
Frank

Jump to: