Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Music, Video and Concerts » Hang Events and Concerts

Post subject: 'Music Alchemy' - Carlos (Tapado) Vargas & samjjana - May 12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi hangsters,

We have the great privilege of performing with a Grammy award winning percussionist and genuinely nice guy, Tapado (Carlos Vargas) in San Jose, Costa Rica on May 12.

We are calling it Music Alchemy, and the focus is music's magical capacity to completely chill people out! ...of course the hang and flutes bring a whole other dimension to the equation, and we look forward to hearing the full complement of Tapado's percussion box of tricks (we've only had one rehearsal so far - the ocean drum was amazing...looks like we'll have to get one of those too...add it to the list that keeps getting longer!)

Here is the link to the poster with all the details

http://samjjana.com/2CulturalCenter.html

:)

Post subject: Re: 'Music Alchemy' - Carlos (Tapado) Vargas & samjjana - May 12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi,

i hope you have a lot of fun. :)
It is a little bit far away from me at the moment. But maybe we meet some day in the future.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

Maybe we all meet back in Portugal.. or the HangOut? who knows...

I had great experiences with both of you, with Maia (and Sahayak) here in Portugal, great 3 weeks :) and with Frank (and Ingalys) at the HangOut last year. It would be great to have all our paths crossing again maybe this time for all of us at once :)

Maia will you be trying to get something on video of this performance? Has I'm sure you know I would love to be there to listen and play along.
Although lately i've been more turned to the traditional african drumming.. we're trying to make it available for people to see and participate.. but no Hang performances for me in the near time (unless they apear like they did when you where here.. they might!)

greets
Sérgio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm sure all our paths will cross if they are meant to!

Yes, we are trying to organise for the event to be video recorded, as we are very keen to have it - not every day we get to play with a muso of that calibre! Everyone we have spoken to here in Costa Rica about it knows Carlos - very famous and well respected here. One comment was "well, you've gone straight to the top" - as in, the best in Costa Rica. Though you know how it is with us, we are just going with the flow! It has flowed in to us, like everything else here, and all we have to do is say, "yes, we'd love to!"

Not for sure yet regarding videoing the event, but a good chance. We would certainly let you know if we have something to show later for those who can't be there.

Enjoy your drumming! (my two djembes did not get the opportunity to come along on this trip!)

:)

Jump to: