Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: DOCUMENTARY HANG 2011
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 am

Hello everyone :)

We are 2 independent film makers from Australia shooting a documentary about the Hang and the eclectic community of players and enthusiasts which has evolved with this most captivating of instruments since its inception.

The documentary will showcase the Hang through a non-linear narrative that weaves together a journey of expression through resonant soundscapes blended with visually rich cinematography, abstract animation, interviews and recordings.

We have had some great interest from various players and enthusiasts wanting to participate and we were wondering if there was anyone on hangforum.com who would be interested in taking part?

We will be filming in some spectacular locations throughout the UK and Europe during October through to mid November. Sooo, if your interested we would love to to hear from you ASAP :)

Contact us at: dingomedia@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dan & Jo

Post subject: Re: DOCUMENTARY HANG 2011
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi from Hamburg (Germany),
I just came back from holidays and read your mail. I´m very interested in your project. I am a Hang player who tries to make pop, funk (!) and jazzy tunes with Hang. So I produced a new CD with this curious mixture of styles. I suppose using a Hang in this way is unique in the world. Take a look and listen to: http://www.hangbassproject.de (read English version). Unfortunately, this project is a studio project, but now I´m trying to form a group with some musicians.
If you are interested, too, send a mail to info@hangbassproject.de.

With compliments

Steve !

Post subject: Re: DOCUMENTARY HANG 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello Dan and Jo,

I just seen your post and like to show you the docu that was made of my Hang playing in Holland. maybe you like it. Its in dutch but you might understand it a bit. You have visited my big hangfriend Rob a few weeks ago. ;-)
here's the link;
http://youtu.be/lI7t3XtL3gg
enjoy,
arno

Jump to: