Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: The therapeutic uses of the Hang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm studying music therapy in cambridge and I'm also a hang enthusiast of about 6 years (since I bought my Hang). I've found the hang to be a welcomed escape from the world and have found that it helps to create a unique experience for everyone that I've introduced to the sounds and playing of it.

I'm writing my MA on the uses of the hang within a therapeutic setting and am interested to see whether there are any other Hang players out there who might have any experiences of using a Hang in a therapeutic setting or that would be happy to discuss their experiences and uses of the hang within their own lives?

you can either reply on here or if you'd prefer to email me privately you're welcome to do so at jon_fever@hotmail.com

thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
Jon

Post subject: Re: The therapeutic uses of the Hang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Jon
I use the hang since 3 years in our new developed “Sound-Cranio”. A combination of cranio-sacral and sound-therapy.
Together with the “archaic instruments” known from the soundtherapie.
The hang is for me sometimes for clients with traumatic experiences or other “anxieties” the only possible way to invite towards relaxation into their inner world.
Often used quotes: it is so inviting, friendly, encouraging, supporting and comforting… so that I could just let go and follow the process.

My explanation for this:
Each single tone is clearly to be heard and! All the other tones- the communitiy/family is in resonance with it. (that’s exactly what we all wish from a community, that there is a listening to every single member in resonance!
And the fact, that the hang is for most people a “new instrument”. Some see that already as an example of “new solution”, “hope”, “unexpected turn”, inspiring experience, “wonder”. So there are some “new” steps possible in life…

If you have more questions- don’t hesitate
Lots of inspiring moments and encouragement to follow your own perception in music- therapy!
http://www.tilo-wachter.com

Jump to: