Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Worthy to play a Hang?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

Hello,

I read on different places, that people who have received a refusal from Panart, think they are not "worthy" to play a Hang and that Panart make a decision if a person is "worthy or not worthy" to play a Hang.

This has absolute nothing to do with the reality.

I dont know, how many people want to buy a Hang from Panart and this is not important to understand the situation. For sure there are much more people who want a Hang as Panart are making.

Here a fictional story. You are a Hangmaker! You can make 50 Hang per year, but you got 500 letters from people who want a Hang. You read all the letters. You have only 50 Hang, but there are much more people where you would be happy to give them a Hang. So, you must tell a lot of people that you dont have any Hang to sell, because all Hang are sold. A lot of people, where you would be happy to sell a Hang. This has nothing to do with worthy or not worthy.

Is it better to make a lottery? Same chance for all? But what is with your feeling for your artwork? You have to sell your artwork to any winner of the lottery.
There are no rules how to use the Hang, but there are places where you feel your work is on a good place.
In the next example you have only 2 Hang. 2 people want it. There is a man, who need the Hang to have one extra effect on his drumset. It looks cool and on any concert he will hit the Hang twice. And there is a man who will play the Hang on his lap. This was your idea. This is for what you make the Hang.
Is one of these people more worthy to play the Hang? Again, this has nothing to do with worthy.
Would you make a lottery in this situation? Yes, it is more fair for both of these people. But is it fair for you? You have done a lot of work in concentration and with love for your work.

You can make a waiting list. Are all people at the end of the list not worthy to play the Hang? Yes, the people at the end of the list will likely never be able to buy a Hang from Panart. Because the list would be so long, that Panart needs decades to make all the Hanghang.

I think all that has nothing to do with worthy or not worthy. It is only a question of mathematics and of course a bit luck.

This are only my thoughts. But I feel they has a lot of to do with reality.

Frank

Post subject: Re: Worthy to play a Hang?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 am

I believe anyone who makes a negative judgement of Felix and Sabina should consider the saying, 'walk a mile in their shoes'.

Nobody can say with fairness that it should be done differently, because the reality is they can never walk a mile in their shoes...but in the absense of this they can surely give them the benefit of the doubt.

Felix and Sabina have every right to make decisions as they choose - when a person makes a negative judgement about it, it says more about that person that it does about Felix and Sabina.

My husband got a 'no' for a hang, as have some dear friends of mine, however, I am totally at peace and accepting of this (as are they) because I am certain Felix and Sabina have carefully considered everyone, I trust their ability to discern well, I totally respect the decisions they have made, I support their right to decide as they think best and I trust in the universe that everything happens for a reason and that if it is meant to be, it will be - and if it is not, then it is not. And if it is not, resisting reality is futile and only causes us to suffer, which can impact on others if we choose to judge, blame, attack and criticise others (which, by the way, doesn't help us to feel any better.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Frank,
I have never 'spoken'/'met' you before but I would truly appreciate some of your knowledge on my post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 am

TouchesmySoul wrote:
Frank,
I have never 'spoken'/'met' you before but I would truly appreciate some of your knowledge on my post.

Hello,

I will post an answer on your topic. I need time for that, because englisch is not my native language.
Do you speak german? I think about to post something in german. For me it is more easy to post exact, what I want to say and it is likely, that some people will misinterpret my words. If I translate my german in englisch, it sounds very direct and not sugar coated.

Frank

Jump to: