Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: “The Hang, an instrument for our time” by Matt Venuti
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 am

A few days ago Matt Venuti published an article on his website where he answers some of the frequent questions that people ask him about the Hang. Questions like: "How old is the Hang and from what culture did it arise?" - "Is the Hang easy to play?" - "Can the Hang be played with other instruments?" - "What kind of instrument is the Hang?" - "Why is it so difficult to obtain a Hang?" and others.

“The Hang, an instrument for our time” is one of the rare publications reflecting player’s experiences with the quite new Free Integral Hang. It explains an approach to the instrument that for some people seem to be “other-worldly” if compared to the usual musical context and may help to close some information gaps especially for English speaking readers.

Post subject: Re: “The Hang, an instrument for our time” by Matt Venuti
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Awesome write up and captures so many experiences that so many players have found out for themselves as well. Matt has had an amazing journey to date with his Hang, reading that is inspiraitonal and only cements further my own ideas about the Hang and my ability to play.

What a great read :)

Post subject: Re: “The Hang, an instrument for our time” by Matt Venuti
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 am

Wonderful stuff.
Matt clearly has a gift in communicating something that is so difficult to communicate. I can feel the heart in the writing, and that is a key to why is is so good.
I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated reading it, and it's good to know it's a resource for anyone whose eyes are meant to find it.
:)

Jump to: