Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: My Study Progresses
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am

On April 6, 2012 my life changed. That was my first and only in-person encounter with Hang.

The spiritual, emotional, witnessing energies flowed with such ease. I purchased two of the player's CD's and asked permission to take an iPhone video. That three minute video has been played over and over every day since. I've been scouring the Internet, YouTube, and EBay. I've read all the publications from the makers. I'm listening to Ruben's CD's and becoming ever more certain the Hang is the next step in my emotional and physical healing, in my deeper, freer, spiritual awareness.

I've studied numerous Hang alternatives. Several are appealing, but no audio video I've studied has the same timber, warmth, depth, voice as the Hang I encountered in person and hear on the two CD's.

I am gathering my thoughts and emotions in preparation for my letter to the makers. My journey has begun. One day I shall meet my Hang, bring it home, and never let it go.

Mowgli

Post subject: Re: My Study Progresses
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 am

Hi, can you please tell us the name of the Player and the CDs ?

Thank you

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

From the CD entitled YAKSHA, I read his name is Ruben Tracatra at myspace.com/rubentracatra. This is solo Hang. Excellent.

Derecto del Alma is other CD with web address of myspace.com/languedelame. Multiple percussion, strings, and strong female vocalist perform engrossing original music recorded live yet with outstanding production values.

I've not attempted to go to those sites yet. I'm still enjoying them, researching this newfound delight, and oh yes, back at work.

I believe the Gods smiled upon me that rainy day in Granada when I encountered Ruben Tracatra playing his Hang.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 pm

My letter is nearly done.

Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.....Om....Om...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:50 am

My first letter being mailed today.

Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes to mail a letter from East Coast USA to Bern?

Mowgli

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Mowgli wrote:
Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes to mail a letter from East Coast USA to Bern?

It doesn't matter how long it takes the letter to arrive Bern, because you will most likely not receive a reply immediately.

It can last months until you will receive a reply. This depends on when the next customers wll be chosen by PANArt. The most appointments for 2012 are already made.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Thank you, Michael.

Since I've never mailed someone in Europe I am anxious about the process for confirming delivery of the letter. I did pay extra to have tracking ability this morning.

Knowing it is received is the last thing I have "control" of. Once delivered, my only task will be to practice patience, tolerance, and acceptance.

I am comforted by the knowledge many hundreds of people have experienced the same application process and truly understand the unique challenges of this process.

Be Well,

Mowgli

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:17 pm

United States Postal Service tracking system shows my letter delivered on 5/8/12; 4 days travel. Cost $38.00 for the tracking/peace of mind.

Now, I know I've done all I can.

Entering expectationless hibernation mode.

Be Well,

Mowgli

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 am

I received a "no invitation at this time" email. 18 days after they recieved my letter they sent a generic response.

I know it is generic because PANArt's email says I didn't mention knowing about the FIH and that is why I'm not invited. Well, I wrote extensively about the FIH and my reasons for thinking it would suit me well. Anyone who read my letter would know I addressed that in detail.

Later in PANArt's email they wrote there were no more hang left to sell for this year and that if I still want one I should write them "by the end of 2012".

Therefore, I have to believe I was not personally rejected. I can't tell from their prefabricated email if they really read my letter or not, but they did suggest I could write by the end of 2012 for 2013.

So, should I just resubmit the same letter? If they read it, they elected to give me the generic "no" instead of a more specific "no" based on incompatability. I assume my letter, if read, was not objectionable. But, I don't know if everyone gets the same "not invited at this time" email or if there are different rejections for different circumstances.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Be Well,

Mowgli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Please, can anyone offer their experience, knowledge, or advice regarding my last set of questions?

Be Well,

Mowgli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Mowgli,

Sorry you have not been accepted at this time. If you believe you had a great letter, resend it. I don't know if they keep them all or if they archive the e-mails online or what. It's best to always use a new unique as no one likes a generic response. Possibly include a copy of your last letter, with your experience how you sent and and were denied because you don't know about the FIH when you wrote about it. Possibly they are just maxed out. Possibly re mail(not $38/letter you will end up paying more than the price of the instrument on letters alone (!)) once a month or something for increased chances and towards the new year.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 am

Mowgli wrote:
I don't know if everyone gets the same "not invited at this time" email or if there are different rejections for different circumstances.

As far as I know everyone got the same standard email.

Tzevaot wrote:
Possibly re mail once a month or something for increased chances and towards the new year.

Very bad idea to annoy PANArt with a monthly letter. I suppose the best method not to get a Hang. :mrgreen:

The next choice will be made at the end of 2012 or in the beginning of 2013. So a single letter sent by the end of 2012 as it is told in the email you got, is really enough.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Thank you, gentleman.

I think I'll send one in November. Hopefully, that will be not too early and not too late. Will it be just right? That is the mystery...

Be Well,

Mowgli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Mowgli,

i believe, everyone that askes Panart for a Hang receives a rejection at first attemt. ( as i did too. Who gives up after the first rejection shows in a certain way, that it might have been a sporadic idee to apply for a Hang and meanwhile not that imprtant anymore ) . In my case 2 - 3 month after having send my firs apply ( in Sept 2011 ) i received the same standard-rejection as you did.
I wrote a new letter, mentioning that i have received alredy one rejection, but want to apply again for a Hang. ( I put a copy of the rejection in the envelope ). After that, about one month later i received a e-mai message with the question, whats behind my application, why i want to own a Hang. I brought all arguments that i thought could be interesting for the hangmakers ( that i know their philosphy , what i intend to do with a Hang when i get one, a bit personal background and my experience and approach how "to deal" with sounds .... )
Two weeks later i received an invention to come to Bern in July or September.
I think iit is not helpful to write "to often as well as to write to seldom" , i think it is ok to show that you know you want one and that it is not a momentary caprice. I would avoid sentences like : i really urgently need a Hang or similar, but to find reasons that are convincing for yourself and hopefully the makers.
By the way, all Hang-like instruments have the attribute to loose a certain amount of their sound (especially that one that touches us most ) when recorded ( as you certainly know already ) . Therefore dont judge those instruments to much by youtube-clips .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 am

by the way i wrote my second request about two weeks after i received my first rejection-mail.

Jump to: