Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Statement by PANArt concerning sales of Hanghang on EBAY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 pm

PANArt asked us to publish the following statement:

HANG on EBAY
Statement by PANArt Hangbau AG concerning current sales of Hanghang on EBAY

For about four years now, EBAY has been abused in that Hanghang have been offered at speculative prices. Everyone who owns a Hang or has listened to one knows that its sound can deeply touch people.

But to capitalize on this is clearly rejected by PANArt. Therefore, they have reached agreements with their customers that will preempt such dealings. Since 2008, about 3000 Hang players have signed this agreement, some of them sealed by handshake. Hang builders Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer would like to extend their thanks to these people at this point: this enabled them to continue developing the Hang in peace.

The following statement is in reply to the accusation that PANArt produces too few or keeps the production down on purpose: Hang building is not a production but a creation, based on a practice that has now lasted for 35 years. By keeping the price in the range of other comparable instruments and not heeding the market price, Hanghang have found their way into different hands: poor and rich, large and small, healthy and ill.

Hang builders and Hang players alike are asked to give the Hang a place. The mirror is powerful! To take it to auctions and to purr about the beauty of the Hang, to appeal to the collector’s passion by praising it as a unique piece of art, all the while thinking about the large amount of money that has not been earned in any manner, is a rip-off and gross along the whole line. That highest prices are achieved even by replicas and copies, broken Hanghang, forgeries (like from Columbia: see hangdrum.us) gives us food for thought. Something’s going wrong here: Hang in danger. Such excesses take place where greed is on the forefront, known primarily from the banking business. In no way do we want any part in this development and have decided to declare this here in all publicity.

The Internet is not just a playground where everyone can do as he pleases. Even a global village demands integrity.

PANArt Hangbau AG
Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer
Hang builders

Post subject: Re: Statement by PANArt concerning sales of Hanghang on EBAY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am

Currently there is an extreme example on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANG-DRUM-PANAR ... 1180619046

Someone wants $9100 for a very old and damaged first generation Hang (No. 102, sold in March 2001)

Have a close look at the Ding: It is seriously pushed in and deformed. This must sound horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi there every one im from portugal and i need info about this instrument.

i never saw it live but i love the way it sounds, and id like to get info of how i get this instrument.

thanks for the help guys (:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:44 pm

keep reading...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:11 am

castilho wrote:
Hi there every one im from portugal and i need info about this instrument.

i never saw it live but i love the way it sounds, and id like to get info of how i get this instrument.

thanks for the help guys (:

In a few weeks the Hang makers at PANArt will provide new information about their work and introduce a new instrument.

My advise for anybody interested in buying a Hang is to wait for this information before asking how to get a Hang or making any decisions.

If you follow the Hang Forum you will stay informed.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 am

I wait with great anticipation of this news... exciting stuff.

Also, what happened to the small gathering that PANart were going to have in April I think, did it happen?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 am

thanks for the info michael (:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Over the recent festive break I had the pleasure of sharing the sound and beauty of my FI Hang with friends and relatives alike. All were captivated by it and wanted to know more about it as for many this was their first encounter.

I was discussing this with one good friend in particular, a lawyer, and the conversation turned to the agreement via talk of the price paid versus the price seen in the open market on ebay. He asked if he could see the agreement (occupational hazard for legal folks I guess) and as soon as he finished reading it, he chuckled in that way that lawyers do and proclaimed that no court in the world would uphold that agreement as it falls foul of too many consumer protection and unfair consumer contract terms laws, not least of which the rights for a consumer to dispose of any property to which he holds the title to the goods accordingly. Therefore the restrictive clauses would be declared null and void and thereby unenforceable. I shared with him the 'spirit' within the community which he could understand but ultimately he said that was down to an individuals choice to adhere to rather than a contractual obligation.

I mentioned this agreement had been around for a few years now and he was interested to know if it had either been challenged or defended - I said I know just the place to ask that question so please feel free to comment :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 pm

This is the completely false question you ask.

The important question is the following:

What do you think would happen, if such a brave lawyer fought successfully for what he thinks are consumers rights, and people would therefor begin to sell Integral and Free Integral Hanghang and Gubals for 8000 Euro?

This would be the end of the payable Gubal.

Thousands of people interested in the Gubal would thank this lawyer that he destroyed their possibility to buy a Gubal forever.

The agreement is an agreement for the sake of the buyers, not for the sake of PANArt. Due to this agreement PANArt has renounced hundred thousands of Euros, they could earn without it. So a lawyer fighting for the right to sell a Free Hang for 8000 Euro wouldn't fight for consumer's rights. He would fight for seller's right.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:35 am

I have just heard the playing of the Hang on Youtube. It is the most beautiful sound I have heard for a long time and I would love to introduce this instrument to my grandchildren who all learn perussion at present. I would have a go myself having just heard this wonderful instrument. Please allow us to purchase the Hang soon. Grateful thanks. In the meantime I will be satisfied just listenting to the music.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 am

Hi mopinwil,
here is nobody able to allow you to buy a Hang.

Regarding Hang purchasing read this on PANArt's Website:
http://www.hang.ch/en/news/category/news-hang

Jump to: