Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: tuning integral hang
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:01 am

Hi people, my name is Adam, thanks you all for opening this precious space.
I'm a hang player too. the reason i write here is in orden to get some informations about tuning hang.
I didn't find any propper post about how does Panart is dealing with people in my situation.
I have an integral hang i would like to get tuned, it is not damaged, just the octave of the ding is a bit higher,
and some other overtones of the voices, but really little work to do on it.
Yet indispensable.
So if anyone of you is in conctact with Felix and Sabina and knows the current statement
about tuning hang, please answer me, i'm looking forward to get the integral hang tuned again.

Thanks, love and light to all beens.

Post subject: Re: tuning integral hang
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi ansuad,
you will find the information you are looking for in The call of iron, part "Independence through dosage".

Post subject: Re: tuning integral hang
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Alas a retune from PANArt as you will read in the documents that Michael has shared is not a possibility anymore, unless the Hang has been damaged in an accident.

There are other options open to you to get the Hang retuned by someone else, but this comes with its one moral dillemma in that the Hang once tuned by someone else, technically no longer remains a Hang as the tuner has now given their own mark to the instrument.

However this may well be the only option available to you if your Ding is out of tune... any ideas how it got out of tune? was it knocked, if so then this could be reason for a repair by PANArt.

Again of course you will only be able to get an accident damage repair if you bought the Hang through the correct channels... eBay hang are off the list.

Jump to: