Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Plural of Gubal?!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:09 pm

According to the plural-terms Hanghang & Dingding I was wondering whether there is a plural-term for the Gubal (...and maybe also the family-name "Hagel") already?!

I was thinking of Gubalgubal, Michael Paschko mentioned "Gubals" & "Gubale" in a private message, so maybe it's best to follow his invitation and ask to the forum!

Any ideas anybody?!

L&L Eder :)

Post subject: Re: Plural of Gubal?!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Firstly, forget "Hagel". The Hagel was a satirical invention without any connection to reality. Also (of course!!) the plural dingding mentioned in the same satirical post was pure satire. Such a plural isn't used by anyone (unless perhaps as a joke like in my satire).

In the message, Meister Eder told about, I wrote, that I am using Gubals as plural form. I didn't mention "Gubale". Instead I wrote: "Aber wenn's denn was poetisches sein soll, würde ich eher zu "Gubalen" (geht so aber nur auf deutsch) raten als zum quer im Mund liegenden 'Gubalgubal'." This wasn't really a serious suggestion for everyday use. I just suggested: If someone want to speak poetically, I would rather suggest "Gubalen" (only possible in German) instead of "Gubalgubal", that lays crossways in the mouth. I don't see any benefit from such a bulky plural form.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Michael Paschko wrote:
Firstly, forget "Hagel". The Hagel was a satirical invention without any connection to reality. Also (of course!!) the plural dingding mentioned in the same satirical post was pure satire. Such a plural isn't used by anyone (unless perhaps as a joke like in my satire).

In the message, Meister Eder told about, I wrote, that I am using Gubals as plural form. I didn't mention "Gubale". Instead I wrote: "Aber wenn's denn was poetisches sein soll, würde ich eher zu "Gubalen" (geht so aber nur auf deutsch) raten als zum quer im Mund liegenden 'Gubalgubal'." This wasn't really a serious suggestion for everyday use. I just suggested: If someone want to speak poetically, I would rather suggest "Gubalen" (only possible in German) instead of "Gubalgubal", that lays crossways in the mouth. I don't see any benefit from such a bulky plural form.

Michael

Thanks for that information, Michael. At least once I wrote "GubalGubal," but now I'll change to Gubalen, which makes a lot of sense to me; I don't know why! It's good to know what the preferred plural form is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Hmmmm.... is it really so difficult or impossible to understand me?

I never stated that "Gubalen" is "the preferred plural form".

In contrary. I explained, that "Gubalen" was NOT a serous suggestion for everyday use. It was just a funny meant suggestion for those who badly need a poetic term (and only in German).

How can this be misunderstood ?????

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Michael Paschko wrote:

Oh, that's a pity! I really liked the idea of an small ensemble of instruments!
Maybe Teddy King cn print me some... :)

Back on theme:

I really like your German plural-term "Gubale" - and of course it might make sense to use some neutral form like Gubal-instruments or similar so far -

...but personally I'll stay with the bulky "Gubalgubal" for first as it keeps up a nice traditional PANArt-own characteristic or idiosyncrasy.

L&L from the woods,
Eder :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:19 pm

GubalgGubal is not "PANArt own". I also don't know any statement, that they were interested in establishing a tradition when they invented the Hanghang plural years ago plural.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Meister Eder wrote:
I really like your German plural-term "Gubale"

I have NEVER written, spoken, sung, shouted, printed or painted the word Gubale.
This is your invention, not mine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 am

Michael Paschko wrote:
Hmmmm.... is it really so difficult or impossible to understand me?

I never stated that "Gubalen" is "the preferred plural form".

In contrary. I explained, that "Gubalen" was NOT a serous suggestion for everyday use. It was just a funny meant suggestion for those who badly need a poetic term (and only in German).

How can this be misunderstood ?????

Michael

Poor Michael! I can misunderstand ANYTHING! Especially right now, as I am having a fair bit of pain after an accidnet. (My handpan remains uninjured, because it hasn't arrived yet. :))

Tear not your hair; I will get around to understanding better, in time! :)

Hope I didn't upset you unduly!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 am

Michael Paschko wrote:
GubalgGubal is not "PANArt own". I also don't know any statement, that they were interested in establishing a tradition when they invented the Hanghang plural years ago plural.

When people become well-known in any community, they are Quite Apparently often subjects for discussion - and then, Anything Can Happen! - good, bad, indifferent.

And if they say things that appeal to the ear of audiences, those audiences may adopt the sayings. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am

Michael Paschko wrote:

I feel a bit sad, because we probably never met - but both of us living just 100km away from each other - reason enough to behave politely & kindly - or simple humanly.

I'm really wondering about your attitude!

I've been posting on http://www.handpan.org using the pluralform "Gubalgubal".

You've read this but you didn't answer there (as you never seem to do) but wrote me a private message (as you always seem to do), questioning the term "Gubalgubal", mentioning possible plural-terms "Gubals" and German "Gubale"("more poetic"-you called), "inviting" me to ask here on the other half of the once split community, wich I followed politely...

Now I see you create an artificial drama of that story as served.

WHAT'S SO BAD?!

Could look like you're bored and try to fish some victims/pets/toys to play with.

I feel sad, seeing me pulled into your spiderweb just for your personal pleasure.

I really don't understand what's wrong with you - where is your problem when others use "Gubalgubal", "Gubals" or "Gubale" - why is this question of such importance that you feed so much energy?

Thanks for your invitation again - I'll be happy to stay with the term "Gubalgubal" as a start - an I'll be well considering to post here again feeding the drama-queen...

Greetings by heart, be blessed*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Meister Eder,
I cannot post on handpan.org, because I have no account there. Why, this is a story happened before you began to write there. To say it in a short way: It was drastically demonstrated by handpan.org admins, that I was not a welcome user. My account was set on a special pillory that existed at that time. So I decided that it was impossible to write under those circumstances and asked to delete my account.

The reason for the picture of the man who tears his hair is to demonstrate my feelings about the fact, that you again and again state, that I have propagated the plural "Gubale" although I told you that it was a mistake. I wrote "Gubalen", not "Gubale". Now you have done it again and I don't understand why. Why do you continue to spread this wrong information?

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am

Michael Paschko wrote:
Hi Meister Eder,
I cannot post on handpan.org, because I have no account there. Why, this is a story happened before you began to write there. To say it in a short way: It was drastically demonstrated by handpan.org admins, that I was not a welcome user. My account was set on a special pillory that existed at that time. So I decided that it was impossible to write under those circumstances and asked to delete my account. (...)

I'm so sad to recognize more & more pieces of the historical split of the community.
This is really sad & depressing!

Michael Paschko wrote:
(...)The reason for the picture of the man who tears his hair is to demonstrate my feelings about the fact, that you again and again state, that I have propagated the plural "Gubale" although I told you that it was a mistake. I wrote "Gubalen", not "Gubale". Now you have done it again and I don't understand why. Why do you continue to spread this wrong information?

Pardon, you wrote "Gubalen" in German-grammar third-case-dative, wich's first-case-nominative would be "Gubale".
I didn't insist on anything, you asked for discussing that here.

I was just using the term "Gubalgubal" on http://www.handpan.org (without any kind of deep-thought) - is that really worth creating such a story?!

All the best!*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I meant "Gubalen" as nominative case (this would be poetic). But I wish I had never mentioned it. Everything I wanted to express, was, that I personally use "Gubals" and that I don't see any benefit from "Gubalgubal" which lays crossways in the mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Michael Paschko wrote:
I meant "Gubalen" as nominative case (this would be poetic). But I wish I had never mentioned it. Everything I wanted to express, was, that I personally use "Gubals" and that I don't see any benefit from "Gubalgubal" which lays crossways in the mouth.

Then I probably wouldn't go too wrong to copy you :mrgreen: anduse the term "gubals" for the plural of "gubal.'

After learning hanghang, I quite liked the idea of "gubalgubal."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Michael Paschko wrote:
I meant "Gubalen" as nominative case (this would be poetic). (...)

You are right indeed!!

"Gubalen" as a 1st-case plural-nominative has a slightly different meaning(s!) in this specific case - indeed poetic!*

Compliments!!!

Michael Paschko wrote:
(...) Everything I wanted to express, was, that I personally use "Gubals" and that I don't see any benefit from "Gubalgubal" which lays crossways in the mouth.

I try to resume correctly:

Using the hypothetical term "Gubalgubal" on http://www.handpan.org you properly appealed that this term is not confirmed anyhow - I should declare that this is just my invention.
You mentioned repeatedly there is - to your knowledge -no put-to-written-pluralform yet -
...and to prefer the term "Gubals" yourself.
...and you gave birth to the poetic term "Gubalen" - ...which - I really think!* - has indeed really beautiful poetic issues!*

[*]

The point of talking to eachother is another

Thank you Michael, namasté <3

PS: Just for myself I thought "Gubalgubal" has the nice "PANArt-accent" - nix für ungut, Michael!*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:33 pm

CarolW wrote:
(...) After learning hanghang, I quite liked the idea of "gubalgubal."

+1 :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

I like Gubal as singular and plural.

I have no Gubal.

I would like to own a Gubal.

If I had the opportunity to purchase two differently voiced Gubal, I would be very happy.

Imagine two or more Gubal.

Wouldn't that be gubalicious?

I happen to think the sentence; "Mowgli has two Gubal" is right thinking and cunning linguistics.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Mowgli wrote:
I like Gubal as singular and plural. (...)
I happen to think the sentence; "Mowgli has two Gubal" is right thinking and cunning linguistics.

<3!

Well, to sum up all pluralistic plural-proposals - so far we've got:

- Gubalgubal
- Gubals
- Gubalen
- Gubale
- Gubal

Mowgli wrote:
Wouldn't that be gubalicious?

+1

Jump to: