Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Re: About the Hang video documentary...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Sure Frank, that makes sense. Somehow I didn't equate the forum with that problem, but it is obvious now you say it. All good, that is what moderaters are for!
Thanks
:D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 am

Hi all.

A question from me... like many others, I am trying to acquire the hang.

I do not understand why the creators make such a issue in people obtaining it... I think that the hang is a musical instrument like any other; if you want a guitar or a flute, you can save money, go to the shop and get one. Why make things so difficult with the Hang?

Music is a universal language. Music is about sharing with others. Why is there this "thing" of not wanting to give the secret of production to a large manufacterer? This is not about money; this is about alowing people to play some music and create emotions. So many people dream of playing on a hang; why does PANart make it so difficult for people to play something they want to play?? Why make the hang a "elitist" object??

All this said; I find the mysteries and controversies around the Hang fascinating. Would it have as much success if it was easy to get. Just thinking of maybe obtaining one one day makes me dream, makes me hope.

For now: frustrated people who want one, stop being frustrated and continue working on your dream (getting a rejection email from PANArt doesnt mean never getting a hang)!!. People dreaming of having one, continue dreaming - continue hoping - and continue working on your dream.

Tchuss :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 am

G.Spence wrote:
Why is there this "thing" of not wanting to give the secret of production to a large manufacterer?

Because there isn't a secret that they could give to a large manufacturer. A Hang is not an industrial product. The Hang sounds as it sounds because of the experience and devotion of the tuner. He has to work individually on any single sound sculpture. You cannot mass produce it. If you try it will not sound like a Hang.

Michael

Jump to: