Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Anyone care to come and chat in the Hang Players Room?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Hey hangsters,
There has been plenty of activity in the German Hang Players Room but very little in the English one. Can I encourage any hang owners to join in? Maybe you have intended to but just haven't got to it yet? It's a great idea, worth participating in don't you think?
:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Anyone care to come and chat in the Hang Players Room?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:53 am

I've sent my form back, but haven't received a confirmation, yet. I have Lots to share and lots that I'm curious about. What Generation Hang are you playing Samjjana? I'm playing a second generation. I'm working on uploading a video in the coming weeks in order to share the extent of my experiments.

I think the sharing of "the act" through some sort of audio/visual representation comes prior to any verbal exchange. For, although there is an irremediable loss through recording, it gives others an invaluable point of departure. Anyhow rules are meant to be broken - so here are my initial thoughts.

What have come to be the essential elements of my relationship to the Hang:
1) Suppleness of the hands - their tendency toward freedom. Liberation from convention and premeditation and the Freedom to a sort of ekstasis (stepping out). Since, as the hands begin to explore the surface of the Hang one is amazed to see them obey a law of their own.
2) The creation of energy through contact and the flowing of this energy between hands - the dancing of the hands by means of them slipping into what I see as a field of energy.
3) The slipping in - through a certain sort of concentration, call it harking or what you will, one is suddenly suspended in this field of energy and its enigmatic sounds. There is an undeniable element of submission, which can perhaps more accurately be described as a sort of respect. One is confronted by a central deadlock in todays society - control - and the Hang calls out with an invitation to vulnerability.

I think I'll leave it skeletal, as it is, until I upload a video. I hope to hear from all of you.

Best,

Sina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 am

Really interesting post, would like to see/hear your video - let me know when it's online.
Our videos are on our YouTube Channel (search channels using 'samjjana1')
Mine is an integral hang.
Hopefully you'll hear back soon about joining the Hang Players Room (be aware though, that there still isn't much action yet in there in the English speaking room!)
I look forward to chatting more in the hang players room!
Cheers,
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey all :)

I just got my Hang yesterday, I'm soooooo happy !
I've sent a mail to get entry in the Player's Room so it's only a matter of time before I can participate there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Congratulations! Welcome to your new life! (yesterday being the day your life changed hugely and forever...)
Many of us know how you feel. You won't be able to wipe that smile off your face!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Maia,

I have just sent through an email for registration so will hopefully see you in the Players Room soon. Have been meaning to send the email all year and have just not got my A-into-G. Your post made me take action - thanks and Be Well.
:D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 am

Daoro wrote:
Hey all :)

I just got my Hang yesterday, I'm soooooo happy !
I've sent a mail to get entry in the Player's Room so it's only a matter of time before I can participate there.

Congrats! That is So exciting. I agree with Maia - welcome to your new life. I have been playing Hang for 8 years now and am still amazed that the instrument is still revealing herself to me as I learn new ways to commune with her (the Hang I am guardian of is a 'her' just in case you were wondering ;) ), improve my technique and get to know her better each day. It really is an exciting journey.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 am

Look forward to chatting in the hang players' room Neil - and I agree with your comments too - only that I have come to learn that the hang is a combination of he and she...a 'they'. The whole universe is in the hang, so there is by default a balance of masculine and feminine. This is the input from a couple of psychic friends, independently of each other, which reinforces what I sense. Perhaps the feminine element in your hang speaks to you more strongly? Or, you are welcome to completely disagree!

Jump to: