Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Music, Video and Concerts » Other music and video stuff

Post subject: Why we need Audiophiles
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:34 am

http://i.gizmodo.com/5213042/why-we-need-audiophiles
I posted this before reading it entirely, once I got about 3/4 of the way in I smelled confirmation bias. Here's a better description of the contributing difference between old LPs and modern CDs (Normalization):

Post subject: Re: Why we need Audiophiles
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 am

Hi,

very interesting.
If i see all the people in the citys with mp3 players and this very small loudspeaker in the ear i wonder a lot of time. In the last years more and more young people hear music with their cell phones. Not with extra headphones, only with the speaker from the cellphone.
Mp 3 is good to share music over the internet and take a lot of music with you in I pods.
As i was a teenager it was the time from the first Walkmans. I just remember how funny it was. In all of my jacket pockets was music tapes.

On the cd a lot of information is lost, because of compression. There is not much dynamik in a lot of recordings. The next step is mp3. More informations from the music get lost.
I think the people in this time dont know this. They became accustomed that recorded music has not much dynamic.
I must feel the music. For me personally it makes not fun to hear music with small in ear headphones. What i need are big louspeakers.

I think with good microfones and analog tapes, you have much better results if you want to record the Hang. The real magic is not to catch, but it is a better result. Has anybody done this?

Greetings
Frank

Jump to: