Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » The world of sheet steel sounds

Post subject: Re: Halo on Ebay.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 am

So Halo are already commanding the same price as Hang on eBay... at least in the essence of it this one went for a good price towards a great cause :D regardless of the ethics or politics someone will be helped enormously by this sale.

Nuff said :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:53 am

Hi,

the next Halo "CHARITY" auction on Ebay. Not from Pantheon, but Kyle was a good guide for the seller.
The seller is from Farmington. So it was not so far for him to collect this Halo.
And if the winner of the auction dont pay, the second bidder will get the chance. :P
But the seller will be totally legit. Nobody on Ebay bid on his own item to rise the price.

But hey. It is a free market. Charity auctions on Ebay are for a good thing. ;)
So, if people are in a bad situation, they could follow the example from this two auctions.
This was one reason, why I adjudge the first auction from Kyle.
A lot of Halo buyer in the future will pay the price. Or what should Kyle do, if as an result of this examples a lot of people order a Halo only to make money on Charity Auctions? Ask yourself.

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:30 am

Frank there will always be the crooks in this world, trying to police it will end up consuming you, best advice is to stick with the Hang and leave the Halo be, its not a Hang anyway so shouldn't really have any direct affect on the Hang like a posh guitar doesn't on a cheaper one?? right?

Its a hard place to be when you have a friend or loved one in much need of medical care, how far would you go to save a loved one??? the last thing in the this world that could help would be your Hang right??

"Sorry dearest one, I had to let you die because I couldn't sell my Hang, but I'll make some sweet music for you at your funeral and i'll miss you dearly?"

As I said above there will always be the crooks in this world that let the human race down, a lot play on public sympathy but who are we to judge what is real and what isn't? if this seller really is trying to help a friend then to stand in the way carries its own moral implecations in the big karma bank in the sky.

I do see your point, i'm not having a go, really i'm not, I know that people will jump on the bandwagon and prices of second hand Halo will skyrocket and in this young world of the Hang and Handpan there is a cause and effect.... but if people are willing to pay high inflated prices rather than wait 2 years for one then who are we to judge them on that? sky high prices mean only a select few will ever be able to get their hands on one because they can afford it... no different to what PANart are doing, only a select few will ever be able to buy a Hang if they are chosen. So whether its money or worth of ownership its the same thing in essence it creates its own issues.

Of course I understand what PANart are doing, I don't agree with Hang selling for $8,000 + thats why I signed my agreement with them, but as we all know restricted supply creates high demand and high prices.

We've been here so many times before, I just hope my written word isn't taken the wrong way, it's not meant in anyway to be antagonistic or angry, its just the world as seen by the eyes of Kelly.... hopefully a little wiser than before.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Funky wrote:
Hi,
The seller is from Farmington. So it was not so far for him to collect this Halo.
Frank

The seller in this auction is from Farmington, Connecticut. Pantheon is in Farmington, Missouri.

I think there are some questions about this auction, and I personally wouldn't bid on it.

Otherwise, I think Kelly summed it up quite well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Hallo,

@Kelly. Dont worry. The forum is always open for any expression of opinion.
People could read different points of views and after that, they could find their own opinion.
You said, that this has not an affect on the Hang. That is in my eyes only half the truth.
At the moment as Kyle sold a Halo on Ebay it was also an "signal" to Panart.
I wrote my opinion about that in the foretime.

I am sure, that this is not the last "charity" auction with a Halo. Also Hang seller on Ebay has done something similar.
But Panart is more carefull with the Hang. Kyle showed with his auction that he has no problem with Halo Ebay deals. So, here is the result.
How many people will think about the Halo as a "100% no risk cash item" to make a lot of profit in only days?
People are not stupid. All what they must do is to wrote a lot of mails to Kyle and wait for the chance to buy a Halo.
A few "Ebay days" later, they could have a profit between 100-200 %.

What will Kyle do? Will he do the work and let the people make more money with his work as himself?
Nobody would do this.
So what else?
He could find the balance between supply and demand and let the people pay the market price for the Halo.
Or he could make agreements between him and the buyer. But this is in the eyes from a lot of Halofans against the freedom and against the understanding of property an item.

Without confidence between the seller and the buyer, the buyer will pay the marketprice or the seller is the fool.
There is a way to handle the situation. Confidence.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 am

I Too will be very interested in hearing what the "very bad effects" are for people who dont play the hang with the right sense of responsibily.
I would also like to know who sets the standard?
Frank can you also tell me when you talk about " people with a better vision of the world ", I'm thinking you are talking about Felix and Sabina here, Why is their vision of the world so much more important than the rest of us mere mortals?
Reading your posts regarding the hang and Felix and Sabina reminds me of the hours I spent in church as a kid listening to preachers, in fact if you substitute the word Hang, Felix, and Sabina with the word God then it reads just like the sermons of my past!
I honestly can't get my head around how wierd it is that you treat the hang as a spiritual object to the point of worship it's really odd.
One day the hang, halo, bells etc will be common as mud and we will be able to pick them up for a song so I will save my money and get one at the $2 shop in a few years time. ;)
Cheers
Frazz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Are there any write ups from Panart about these 'bad effects'? - given their very sensitive / spiritual approach to the ethos and philosophy of the Hang, I can imagine there may be the idea that the resonances and playing attitude could clash, causing frequency clashes with the player... Does anyone know anything about this?
Im actually quite interested in this concept.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:34 pm

You are a funster, max.

My greatest fear are the frequency clashes caused by counting all the money. But wearing a high quality ear protection will solve even this serious problem. :mrgreen:

Ix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Ixkeys wrote:
You are a funster, max.

My greatest fear are the frequency clashes caused by counting all the money. But wearing a high quality ear protection will solve even this serious problem. :mrgreen:

Ix

funster eh? - thats a new one. ;)
Seriously though - no really - Im no ungrounded floaty hippie, but I do hold the notion that 'negative' attitudes and thoughts can leave ones energy / aura low and open to even more negative influences. 'The devil makes work for idle hands' is a saying I well remember the church forcing down our throats when I was little. Having said that, I was also under the impression the Hang was lauded as a 'healing' instrument - so would'nt playing one actually help the self healing process?

As I say, Im quite interested in this - so I was just hoping for some 'official' word. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Really great joke, max. But telling a joke threefold would become a bit boring. You understand ;-)

Ix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

Ix - Im sorry, am I missing something? - I can assure you there is no joke or jibe in my enquiry - my addition of the odd smilie is to try and keep it light.
I am a dowser, and have been studying the effects of negative Ley energies on houses and occupants for many years. This idea that the 'misuse' of an instrument can somehow lead to some kind of etheric harm is a very interesting one to me. I was simply following up a previous statement by Funky that PanArt (or he) had some ideas / findings on this matter.
As I say - if I have missed something, I apologise - but it was a genuine post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 am

Hi,

i not forget to answer on these question. It is only not easy for me to explain my thoughts about this topic in english. So, i need the time to wrote what I think. It seems that a few people search for the negative on my postings and so I want to write it so good as possible.
I think in the next days i find time for that. Sorry.

By the way. I just found the third Halo auction on Ebay. In relation to the number of Halos out of the workshop a lot of Halos in such a short time. It seems that people follow the example from Kyle.
This one is not a "charity auction". I am curious how long Kyle will sell Halos for that price, to people who make a few weeks later a lot of money.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Funky wrote:
Hi,

i not forget to answer on these question. It is only not easy for me to explain my thoughts about this topic in english. So, i need the time to wrote what I think. It seems that a few people search for the negative on my postings and so I want to write it so good as possible.
I think in the next days i find time for that. Sorry.

I hope this isn't aimed at me Frank, I'm just very curious - it's something which has been stated by PANart and I was wondering what observations had gone towards making the statement. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.

I don't understand what Ix is saying here?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

I didn't know that max is a dowser and really believes in what he wrote. Therefor comparing his last posts with his first very critical posts in this topic I understood them as pure irony.

I don't think that something like this what max described really exists. And it has nothing to do with Frank's thoughts as I understood them. The negative effects he wrote about have nothing to do with esoteric they are materialistic.

Ix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 pm

MrFox wrote:

I hope this isn't aimed at me Frank

Hi,

dont worry. It was not aimed at you @MrFox.

Greetings
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Ixkeys wrote:
And it has nothing to do with Frank's thoughts as I understood them. The negative effects he wrote about have nothing to do with esoteric they are materialistic.

Ix

Ah. Thats not how I read them. If thats the case then it was my misunderstanding of Franks comments.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Frank why are you so worried about how Kyle sells his Halo's?
Why are you so worried about how much money he is or isn't making?
This concern for all things Kyle is making you look like a jealous lover and it's not pretty!
You talk about the hang in such a way as to make people believe that anyone who plays it in the manner subscribed by PAnart are somehow elevated above mere mortals and go to a higher plane which is fine but then in the next breath the venom and sarcasm that comes out of you regarding Kyle and his Halo is truely breath taking.
Actually Ix is exactly the same in his behaviour.
I dont own a Hang, Halo or Bells so dont have any alterior motive for posting this other than as a member of this forum thats over all this nonsense.
If you look at it with open eyes PANart have created this situation because they can't satisfy demand, It's been the same for centuries supply and demand dictates the price you will pay in the market place.
The only way it can change is if supply meets the demand and thats not going to happen anytime soon.
Let Kyle do his thing and PAnart do their thing you keep saying that the Halo is nothing like the Hang so stop worrying about it!
Cheers Frazz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi,

that was cheap. ;)

US $5,529.00

Free market. Dont worry be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:44 am

Hallo,

I just found the next Halo auction. A german seller.
It is the 4 Halo on Ebay. In relation to the Halos out of the
workshop is this a lot in such a short time.
I'm amazed I'm still able to be amazed.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:19 am

Such things certainly do make one sympathetic to PANArt's attempts to control the after-market...! :P

:: three cheers for singing steel! ::

Jump to: