Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » Music, Video and Concerts » Hang music and video

Post subject: FREE INTEGRAL HANG VIDEO...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 am

The sounds from the camera is not really good... but it's a FIH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlHk3eM3bXY

If you have got it a FIH post your videos here.

cheers!

Post subject: Re: FREE INTEGRAL HANG VIDEO...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:38 pm

and no disrespect to the player/Hang owner there but the sound quality of that video is not doing the Hang any justice at all.... this is one of the reasons PANart do not support online music videos on YouTube, you really lose a lot of the feel for the sound of the Hang... not of course to say people shouldn't post them still, its always nice to see different rhythms being played and to hear a FIH of course but you can see... sorry "hear" why they don't like amateur online videos... no justice in the sound.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 am

Hello Kelly, I agree with you about the video quality, and it's amazing why people who wait about two or three years for a hang then show their instrument making videos in MOBILE cameras without a minimum care regarding the image quality and sound.

Hope somebody that will get a hang this year could post here a better video and know how the FIH sounds like in a better recording situation ;-).

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 am

I would be very careful with public presentation shortly after one got a (Free Integral) Hang. A new Hang player needs a room of respect, safety and freedom and this is not the public.

Ix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 am

Hello Ixkeys my question would be... WHAT?
Are you trying to censored people who are happy to get one and made videos with their new FIH?
Hope's not, this is a forum right? which is the problem if people post photos or videos about the FIH? there's official pics posted on the hangblog site so I don't understand your point of view.

Max

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 am

Massimiliano, don't be silly! Ixkeys, the great censor, yeah! :x

Did you ever realize the difference between a photo and a human being?

Ix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am

Ixkeys wrote:
shortly after one got a (Free Integral) Hang.

Ix

Hi,

@Massimiliano.

I agree with Ix. Maybe you dont read carefully what he wrote?
A lot of people got a Hang and only a few hours later they make videos for the public. It is better to discover the Hang beauty on a quite place , without the "pressure" to present the audience a piece of music.
The video above is a good example. People see that and think this is a good demonstration of the Free Integral Hang sound.

Ix wrote "shortly after one got a Hang". This is an importand part of Ixkeys posting. Please read first more carefully what people wrote.

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 am

Ok Frank maibe I misunderstood his message... but he can't get back to me calling me "SILLY" Stay calm Ixkeys... I never insult you on this forum.

Bye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am

He can, Massimiliano. Assuming I want to censor is just this: silly.
If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

Ix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am

Ixkeys... you know what... no comments... you will always try to win in any discussion on this forum, take your aspirine and be quite... there's other methods to answer a simple question... seems like DIRECT questions make you angry? maybe questions that you can't answer?

Finally seems like Frank (Funky) is the only person here who have the ability to READ, UNDERSTAND, and RESPECT all of the points of view from the forum users (including me).

I quit with you man, there's no possibility to improve any conversation with you.

Sincerely

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:02 pm

@Massimiliano, try not to read to much into the written word, IX wasn't being nasty in his post, maybe just miscommunication in text due to the language and possibly you being deffensive after previous postings that have got heated :)

I read IX inital post to be similar to your thinking, people shouldn't just rush to post a video when they have little to no connecton with their instrument, is much the same as do not post a video using poor quality equipment, it misrepresents the instrument, he wasn't attacking you.

I think a lot of poeple have come and had the same thoughts as you regarding IX, I have spent time going back over old posts and actually he is just presenting his opinion, the challenge in written format is to read the text out loud and try seeing it from two points of view. If you think it is angry it is quite possibly only perception, read it back with a smile and in all likelihood you'll read it in a different light.

In addition to that what does it matter what someone else's opinion is either? not everyone will have the same one, is there much point in arguing it on a forum... nope, just accept the difference of opinion and move on, you know what you mean, they know what they mean and everyone else will form their own opinion from it too which will differ from both of yours no doubt... its what makes us human and life not so boring.

Just take it all with a pinch of salt (as the saying goes http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/take ... -salt.html) what matters is what you believe... let the others believe their way.

Now lets get back to this video.... I'm reserving judgement on the FIH until Hangout, I know of two people coming that have one so i'll be as happy as a pig in poo to give them a quick play in the big barn, the Hang room :) i'll certainly write my pennies worth on its feel and sound.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Hey Kelly nice answer, ;-)... As I said maybe I misunderstood him, you also thought similar as me the when reading this post at the first time, so it is just about the rule, words on a forum can't show your face expression, tone, etc. But I will not permit him to suggest that I'm a silly person making silly comments, was just a question ;-).

Getting back to the topic, do you will able to take pics and record the new FIH ? would be great if you can/want to share that stuff about the next hangout event on this forum.

Cheers!.

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

actually my reading something similar was actually between you and IX, you have similar ideas there, people shouldn't post a video of the Hang without exploration of it first and secondly use some descent equipment to record it.

I also don't think he mean't any mallice at all in using the word silly, his words were actually don't be silly. he could use other terms that in the English language when not taken literally are actually a term of endearment towards a friend. I use don't be daft all the time to my friends... its not meant in a derogatory way I assure you.

I'll see what I can do with the HangOut... trouble is you never capture the true essence of the event in recording, nothing ever sounds as good as hearing it there and then live. Take most rock concerts, your favourite bands sound awesome when you're there and the crowd are all singing along, atmosphere heightens your senses and the noise dulls out the bad chords, keys or sounds from the singer... hear it back via recording as they often do on TV and it never quite sounds the same, the singers sound out breath, the music is not very clear and it just sounds... very different.

You can see people having a great time but you can't quite relate to it.... having said that in the quiet of the big Barn it maybe possible to get something done, have to wait and see.

Where abouts are you in the world Massimiliano, if you can get along to the HangOut next year (sold out this year i'm afraid) you'd not be dissapointed by the atmosphere, friendly folk and music... its a lovely little weekend in a nice part of the UK and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to see, hold and play the Hang, people are very welcoming.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey Kelly... I'm in Barcelona - Spain, thanks for the invitation will see next year to meet there.

Regards

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Well.. any FIH owner near this forum? anyone who wants to share their experience visiting a picking a new FIH? ;-D

Cheers!

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Massimiliano wrote:
Well.. any FIH owner near this forum? anyone who wants to share their experience visiting a picking a new FIH? ;-D

Cheers!

Massimiliano

Hi,

yes, there are a owner of a Free Integral Hang on this forum. A few post their experiences on the german forum.

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi Frank, sorry I don't speak German :(

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Since a few days I'm an owner of a Free Integral Hang. And I only can stick to my former statements in this topic. The Free Integral Hang is a challenge. I'm playing the Hang for 4 and a half years but I would be a fool if I played my new instrument in the public currently. This wouldn't present the Free Integral Hang adequately and it would harm myself. It would make it more difficult for me to come together with my new instrument. We both need a form of shelter around us.

Ix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Not a problem Ixqueys, enjoy your FIH, by the way this would be your second hang-hang? post a video if you want and when you will feel comfortable and ready to do it. I'm just curious about the sound :D, even if there just one video on youtube recorded in low=quality mode.

Jump to: