Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Hang Topics

Post subject: Re: how many have been produced?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi guys as a graphic designer just wanted to let you know that I inspected the picture with Adobe Photoshop and I'm 90% sure that it's fake.

The picture manipulation was really good, but as I said looks FAKE to me. :mrgreen:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm

hi there,
i am a grafic designer, too ;)
@Massimiliano thank you for sharing your opinion!
i think also it is a REALLY good fake, as the single numbers are in the panart style.
but there is no shade of the engraving visible, it looks very plain.
thats what i think.
but if panart really made these number, i would never doubt (on the first view) it was a fake.
perhaps this criminal person is a grafic designer too? or he knows someone ...
what i am wondering about is why he asks a very low price for the hang!
he could ask double and more and he wold find people who would buy it right now... ebay is crazy in this point.
and he accepts paypal!
but it is easy to register with paypal and ebay and then close the account and nobody knows where you are if you use a wrong bank account or stolen credit cards ;(
perhaps he is frauding in many ways and really fast, as samjjana said the person who frauded on ebay regarding the caisa was also from perth, australia....

i am perplexed....
lusi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Ok guys 100% confirmation: IT'S FAKE... also the guy who do this was used an original picture from an original panart hang that it's showed in the hangblog website. Check the attached picture, the picture on the left hand side is the original, and the pic in the right side it's fake ;-).

Hope you not send the money for this FAKE hang ;-).

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Wow, I am impressed :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 pm

@Massimiliano
you are great!!!!
wow!
this person is so weird!
i haven't sent payment.
i believe he would have also faked the shipping form!!!!!
and then paypal would not give my money back!
ohhhhhh.....

it is great to know peaple like you who care!!!!!
thanx to all of you!!!!!!!

i will keep you updated as soon i know something new (frank will be contacting this person)

love,
lusi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 pm

No problem Lummerland I'm glad to know that you didn't sent the money. I have a good collection of pictures from the hang blog and other internet resources I was thinking about an hour in my mind "Where I see it that pic" and voilá... is inside the hangblog... this kind of actions only demonstrate how stupid is the people that try to get money with fake hang hang auctions.

By the way check my small business portfolio when you can: www.2mantras.com ;-)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm

hi there again!
NEWS:

the seller is angry as i haven't sent payment yet.

that is what he wrote and what i wrote:
in the second part i put in the wrong information about "2300 were sold"
in case of he would be going on and faking more pics......
i wonder if he will anser this question!!!!!

"I guess it has become quite apparent you are not intending on
paying. So thanks alot for wasting my time. Take Care.
Cheers."

"dear robert, i am sorry for replying so late. i would so much love to send payment, but i have the fear to be frauded. panart stopped producing hanghang of the second generation at the number of 2300. i was contacting panart and i asked them, and they confirmed. so i guess either your hang drum is a duplicate and no original, or there is something wrong. but the serial number in the picture cannot be true for a panart hang. what do you think?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Good job, Massimiliano. Yes it is my Hang. When I saw the photo I thought that I knew it.

The other photo is from http://kevinroddy.blogharbor.com/blog/_ ... 40015.html The ebay camera logo was cut.

It is a new Hang scam method to ask only for a low price. I know about another case where the same method was tried. The fraud thinks that the victim thinks that he must be a good guy because he asks for a low price.

Ix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 am

Lummerland... just sent the picture comparison that i show you to this LOOSER ;-)

I'm curious to know if he will tell you again that you wasted his time :o LOL!
Be careful everybody... there's too much scam offers out there, always search and compare the auction hang picture looking for PANART HANG pics on google, yahoo etc.

I know the story that a friend of my friend in Barcelona sent 690 € in order to buy a 1st. generation hang hang using WESTERN UNION to China!!!... now you know what happen after that right? > THE MONEY' S GONE :cry:

This kind of stuff and tricks just to get money from our illusions makes me :cry:

Good luck to everybody!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:19 am

If the guy gave you an address, I will assume he wouldn't have given you his real address so that he could be easily found, but if you want to check, it might be worth reporting him to the police in Western Australia.

If Felix is not already intending to contact them, I don't mind ringing them if you give me all the information he gave you - from start to finish and all the details from his posting on eBay (probably better as private message).

Though worth keeping in mind that the guy might not even be in Australia. Some scammers say they are in one country when they are in another.

I also assume you can report it to eBay? I think they would like to know.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 am

Actually, I just went to eBay to see if I could find the listing (I couldn't) but I noticed eBay has a new support service that is good to know....

http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 am

I just had the inspiration that it would be good to post a topic at the top of the hang topics page that has a subject like 'warning - hang sale scams' so that anyone visiting the forum who wants to buy a hang has the information to help them avoid that.
Also, in the post it could briefly mention about the issue of any hang bought second hand.
And maybe also - if Felix and Sabina agree - it could be a good idea to advise for anyone considering buying a hang on the Internet to check first with the hanghaus to see if it is a fraud. Then if it is, it is a good way for Felix and Sabina to know about it quickly (as well as protect the potential buyer), and also a good way for Felix and Sabina to know even with a genuine hang sale whether the price is okay or not so they can advise the person whether or not they would tune it.
This seems to me a good way to help also reduce the risk that somebody innocently buys an overpriced hang without realising about the tuning.
Maybe the hanghaus could create an email address especially for this purpose?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:53 am

Samjjana, I don't think that your idea will work. I don't think that Felix and Sabina are eager to be involved in second hand Hang sales. The vast majority of those sells are sales with high prices. Why should PANArt support those sells? It is also a question of number. If there is one sale per week and 50 persons are interested in each sell, PANArt has to deal with 5 requests per work day.

The Hang scams are not particular. It is a problem of Internet sales in general. Everybody is a fool if he sends a big amount of money to someone he don't know without anything in his hands.

There is a very simple rule to avoid scam: Each Internet Hang sale can be a scam. Therefor never pay money to someone if you cannot estimate his respectability.

And there is another issue: You cannot estimate the quality of a second hand Hang if you are not able to test it with your own hands. Therefor: If you cannot do this, don't buy! This will avoid scam too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 am

this is what the seller answered:
--------------------------
"Perhaps it is a duplicate, or someone changed the serial on the
bottom... I dont know, that is possible I guess. Or maybe Panart
is mistaken. But I wouldn't know. I purchased it here on Ebay
used about a year ago from a seller in the U.S.
all I know is that is the serial that is on the bottom.
But I understand your concerns and if you still want it then
payment needs to be made in the next few hours, if not just let
me know and Ill relist it. As I need to take care of this very soon.
Either way let me know soon what you want to do, and no hard
feelings if you dont feel comfortable making payment. Ill
understand and wont leave any negative feedback for not
paying.
Cheers,
Robert"

--------------------------

so he is going to relist on ebay!!!!!!
so another person will surely buy and pay ;(

@samjjana i will send you the contact details by email!

Post subject: NEW EBAY AUCTION!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 am

http://cgi.ebay.de/Hang-Drum-/270607308 ... 3f0173d7cf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:46 am

Really sad lummerland... hope PAnart would take actions ASAP in order to stop this scamering madness.

:(

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 am

i guess it will take tooo much time....
perhaps it is the best someone of us does a buy it now, to prevent other people from beeing scammed.....

i will contact frank again!!!
reporting ebay will take too much time, in the meanntime someone els will buy the hang surely....

but i will do my best and report to ebay also!

Post subject: report to ebay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am

hi!!!!!

i have just phoned to ebay germany.
they will go ahead and delete the auction, but it will take time.

important:
the lady said it can be helpful to contact ebay.com or ebay.au to let them also know.

i hope this criminal seller will be thrown out of ebay soon.
here is a link of the same person with an older auction

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 3D1&_rdc=1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 am

I like the idea of a number of us taking turns to buy from him on email but not send the money - to stop him reaching innocent people while eBay and Hanghaus do whatever they want to do. He will get very frustrated and maybe give up?

Also, I think it would be good to promote the use of escrow services for purchases that are larger amounts of money.

Regarding my idea, if it is not practical for Felix and Sabina, it would still be good to have a topic on the top of the hang topic page warning about scams.

Cheers
:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:47 am

And this is just one of the reasons PANart do not support online sales of Hang, not just the profit people are making but the pure criminal profit some are making.

I cannot believe the gaul of this guy to actually repost the Hang either, he has zero previous sales which automatically screams scam.

How can he possibly claim that the serial number is real on the Hang, he has supposedly taken a photo and sent it too you, so how come the markings on both pictures are in the same place, that would be nigh on impossible in the general manufacture of the Hang, only and artist could exactly replicate each swish, swirl and mark on the bottom of that Hang and seeing as the original is with IX.... unbelievable.

I also cannot believe he got angry with you, great sales tactic that one.

Well I'm glad you contacted eBay about this one, eBay do need to take responsibility for their sales although i'm slightly concerned that they cannot do something immediately to bring it down.

I'm seriously gob smacked by this one.... but so happy that so many people have got involved and done some spy work to establish the truth about this sale, its refreshing to see people watching other peoples backs :)

:) :)

Jump to: