Board index » Archive 03/2009-10/2010 » English » Let´s speak English » Miscellaneous

Post subject: A private discussion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Massimiliano,
Anything can be a substitute it just depends on the criteria of the person seeking the substitute as to wether it's acceptable or not,
I can substitute an apple for an orange in my lunchbox if I only have oranges in my pantry and If I happen to like oranges then I will happy with that even tho they are completely different.

On the other hand if I want a drink of coke and get given a pepsi I wont be happy because I was expecting the taste of a coke and I got something different.

I am well aware that the Hang stands on it's own, but for those of us who love the hang sound but have no chance at a hang the "imitators" offer a likeness that some of us are happy with.

To know that the Halo at this stage has the best quality sound [in Michaels opinion] is very helpful to someone like me who has never heard a Halo or Bells in real life.

Another thing to consider when people are angry that the halo and bells sell for about the same price as a hang is the fact that if you are chosen to receive a hang a person like me would have to stump up with close to NZ$2500-3000 for airfares to get to Berne add that to the $NZ3000 for the Hang and you're looking at NZ$5,500-6000 twice as much as a Halo or Bells shipped to my door.

I dont even know anyone who could afford that sort of money.

cheers
frazz

Post subject: Re: The imitations of the Hang
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:32 pm

@frazzledfozzle, I understand your point, but we are talking about musical instruments/sound sculpture qualities and capabilities... we are talking about MONEY to invest in a such a high quality instrument. I will not drink pepsi just because the restaurant don't have coke's... the decision is mine... I really want FIH with me and not a low quality instrument like the bell... did you really tested the bell with a IH for example? the difference between those is just = HUGE!

Finally why coca-cola is the best cola "soda" around the world? why people prefer pay more for a coke than for a pepsi or another cola based soda?, As I said in many posts into this forum I'm not agree with Felix and Sabina in some points of their acquisition process for a hang, but after a deep research I understood the fact regarding why Felix and Sabina acts in some ways regarding their creation... perhaps there's so many questions that I want to formulate to Felix and Sabina, but I'm just waiting my chance to get an appointment.

Just wanted to clarify my point of view regarding the substitution feeling for a hang. I don't want to have a bell in my house and playing with the inner frustration and always thinking about "well the sound is not bad, but is not a hang", do you want a bell Mr. frazzledfozzle? go ahead and take one (it's your choice), but you must understand my decision...I will not put my money and illusions into the trash buying a bell (poor imitation of the hang SOUND).

Cheers!

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Massimiliano, if you dont get that appointment what will you do?
go without? forever?

You have already had a rejection letter you are not the type of person deemed suitable for a hang....... so what will you do?

frazz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm

I will continue playing other inrtruments like tabla drums and udú, take care of my child, fly to hawaii and surf some waves, making money for my retire... I have lot of things to do, my life don't stop cause PANART reject my letter ;-). I prefer to spent the 1.400 (bell price) in a trip with my wife and child. If the opportunity to get a hang don't arrive, not a problem I have other BEST priorities in my life to take care with.

Have a good weekend!

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:41 pm

LOL Massimiliano, I've followed your story for months now and I see you have taken the advice of the many hang owners here and are now towing the party line.

I hope that it pays off for you in the end and all your efforts at making the right noises results in you obtaining your hang.

Lucky you that you can take your family on a wonderful vacation for such a small price it wouldn't get out family out of the country! :D

It's the last day of the weekend for me and I will make it a good one ;)

cheers
frazz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:23 pm

frazzledfozzle wrote:
I hope that it pays off for you in the end and all your efforts at making the right noises results in you obtaining your hang.

About this STUPID and NO SENSE comment you made it I just can add a simple: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... (rewind) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... look's like you are a frustrated bell user? are you frustrated because you will paid 1.400 € for a substitution instrument? You want to put in the trash 1.400 € for a bell to pacify your inner frustration? GO AHEAD BUDDY it's your money!!! not mine I can do what ever i want with my money and be sure that I will not invest my money in a CRAP hang imitation. By the way... of course I know my story inside this forum, I pissed off PANART for about 1 or maybe 1 year and a half in other post inside this forum... I assume my responsibility about that, I'm not afraid about what the PANART makers are thinking about me now or in the past, they really know that I respect their creation but at the same time I can't understand and respect some of their procedures with the acquisition of the hang... Do you really think that I'm defending the PANART hang sound quality in this topic just to get the opportunity to own one? HAHAHA you are funny as the same funny bell price... REMEMBER >>> 1.400 € for a unbalanced and poor instrument. Yeah maybe Luis could make a great improvements on his hang imitation in the future, but the sound capabilities of the bells now just SUCKS!, if he change the design and metal quality which would be the price fo the future? 1.600? or 2.000 € ??.

You didn't answered my question: "Did you tested the Bell, Halo, Caisa etc. with any HANG?", or you are talking just from your ignorance. You look's frustrated man... the same frustration I have it 1 year ago when I started some topics pissing off the PANART work in this forum, that messages didn't resolve my issue = "I want to get a hang" , it was wasted time and energy... and here's a last group of questions for you:

Why you don't talk in this forum using your real name? I use my real name... so what's your panic? are you afraid about the PANART judgments in case their read your comments pissing them off? Which would be your reaction if some day you got an invitation letter from PANART on your mailbox? do you will refuse that invitation? do you will run to Bern and acquire a hang after pissing them off using a FAKE forum user name?

I have the BALLS and the list of questions READY to go to Bern and meet Felix and Sabina without a forum (frustrated man) mask like you. Let us know who you are, and again do something constructive about the bell sound quality, compare the bell sound, make some investigations, meet people with other metal instruments and build you own judgment about the situation... my judgment it's clear, direct, and sincerely in this topic... FOR ME = BELLart BELLS SUCKS!!!, and if you don't like my judgment just take a shower and remember that I'm free to think what ever i want about your frustrated imitation of hang hang.

Massimiliano

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Hallo,

I have the feeling, that at this point of the discussion is a little practice not so bad.

to breathe in.....................

to breathe out............

to breathe in..............

to breathe out.............

imagine a quiet and calm place. To breathe in ............ To breathe out.........
Listen to the Ding......... breathe in .......... breathe out............

Think about your next words................ breathe in............ breathe out.............
maybe it is better to sleep before write ?.............. breathe in ............. breathe out....................... ;)

Good night!

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am

LOl Funky thats the funniest thing I've read in one of your posts :lol:

I've breathed in and breathed out and gone and had a shower so I'm ready to reply in a calm and dignified manner :)

Massimiliano I dont know where you got the idea that I have a Bells?

you wrote
"You didn't answered my question: "Did you tested the Bell, Halo, Caisa etc. with any HANG?", or you are talking just from your ignorance."

Well actually you never asked me that question Massimiliano but I will answer it anyway.
I haven't heard a Bell, Halo, Caisa or any other handpan I have only heard the Hang which is exactly why I was interested in Michaels opinions on these other instruments.
I was looking for an objective view about these other handpans not the tirade that you unleash every time you write something.

you wrote:

Why you don't talk in this forum using your real name? I use my real name... so what's your panic? are you afraid about the PANART judgments in case their read your comments pissing them off? Which would be your reaction if some day you got an invitation letter from PANART on your mailbox? do you will refuse that invitation? do you will run to Bern and acquire a hang after pissing them off using a FAKE forum user name

To get an invitation letter you have to send a request I haven't done this and also don't intend too.
As I stated before it would cost me close to NZ$ 6000 to pay for the journey and pay for the hang, how could I justify spending this amount of money on something that I dont need?

you wrote:

my judgment it's clear, direct, and sincerely in this topic... FOR ME = BELLart BELLS SUCKS!!!, and if you don't like my judgment just take a shower and remember that I'm free to think what ever i want about your frustrated imitation of hang hang.

I dont know why I need to take a shower if I dont agree with you about something is it a local custom? So the Bells suck for you but lots of other people have them it's good to get a wide range of opinions from a wide range of people isn't it?

You seem to be a very angry man and your posts are very aggressive towards anyone who dares to think differently to you .

Apologies for the weird way I've set out this post but I dont know how to do the quote thingy so that it shows up in it's own very cool little yellow box :)

Time for me to have another shower and breathing session

Ka Kite'
frazz

Jump to: