Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: for Hang passionist
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:06 am

I wounder what do you hang passionists think about this two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D5jhXytAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6jQHApujVQ

Post subject: Re: for Hang passionist
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 pm

I assume you are interested in a comparison between this instrument and a Hang. But the videos are completely inapplicable for such a comparison because the player uses gloves and then drums his instrument very hard to get sound out of it. Why doesn't he take off his gloves and uses less power? It would be impossible to let a Hang sound with its full potential with such a crude method. And nobody should try this with a Hang if he wants that his Hang keeps its beauty.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:22 am

The gloves are not needed, to my taste it sounds better without them. but this player is new to sound steel, it is a pitty a didnt make a recording of this one myself - just did not had any time for that. on the other hand i can make any instrument of this kind sound fine, so this new born player show posibiliies of this instrument - he bangs and it doesnt go out of tune. he uses gloves but the sound is still bright. a belive he made a recording after 2 days of having it on his lap.

perhaps having a real thing in your hand can ease the comparison for you Michael. maybe you can go to Panart and make some test of it? not a the moment but in near future. for me this instrument i have made from new materials sounds very good, it was a shock for me when i have realized that it sounds very similar to the hang(it is only my 4th instrument). i can send you one for a time period if you like. The question for me is what Panart will think of it - is it good enough to have a shape close to the hang.

I have got a letter from Felix saying that he doesnt like what Luis does because it looks like hang but doesnt have the same quality.

Victor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello,
Can you take videos of better quality, and some photos ?
Your instrument is very interesting ! Encouragements !
Titouan

Jump to: