Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Hang Sorcery
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello Peeps,

So, yeah, my 2 Hanghang were stolen along with my car in san francisco last september (Integral and D Dorian 2nd Gen).

Despite that, old footage has been mastered and finally released, along with a piece on my new Halo (Aegean Scale - of course I would prefer a Free Integral, I must talk again with Felix and Sabina).

Here's the URL - Enjoy! http://soundcloud.com/yogi-prateado

Yogi

Post subject: Re: Hang Sorcery
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey Yogi!

what a sad incident... never mind about the car, but a real shame about your hanghangs... :cry: :x

Nevertheless, you managed to capture an incredible vibe with "Spiral On". I particularly like that track.
Thank you for sharing. :D

John

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the link, appreciate the playing.

Sorry to hear about the hanghang. Just a quick story that will probably freak you all out...after we played at a festival last weekend, maybe 30 minutes later we were sitting watching the next performers when my partner suddenly had a look of panic on his face and went rushing off.

I didn't know the story until after...when he was packing the car after our performance (I was down the back of the venue selling CDs) he accidentally left the hang outside of the car, leaned up against one of the wheels. He was distracted by heavy rain and trying to fit everything in our small hatchback...just one of those rare oversights we are all capable of.

So he rushed back to the car, and miraculously the hang was still there. It was a public carpark and full daylight! We must have had angels watching over us!

I didn't give him a hard time because the hang was safe, and he was already giving himself enough of a hard time, and there have been countless times he has diligently looked after all our stuff and I deeply appreciate him and all he does. (He has tended to have the role of packing and unpacking the car as he has the muscles for it, while I tend to be on hand to talk with people who come looking for us, plus sell CDs, etc.) If it had gone missing we would both have felt devastated, but he would have had a massive guilt trip and just about crucified himself. I would have had a lot of regrets but just imagining what it would be like to be in his shoes in a situation like that is too much.

The interesting thing is that we very rarely leave the hang in the car - probably 90% of the time we carry it with us so we are sure it is safe.

So what the learning is for me is that I am never letting the hang out of my sight - ever! As much as I know my partner is trustworthy and careful, it is not his responsibility. The instrument is mine, the responsibility is mine. So glad and relieved the lesson wasn't learned the hard way! So glad the gods were smiling on us!
Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Personally, it's not paranoïa but every time i played outside or in place for concert....

when i have finished, i put my Hang on my side....never in a car or a other room, etc....

I don't leave in fear but this instrument is so beautiful, so rare and my link with my IH is so precious....

i don't take any risk with this.

When i take my car, i place my Hang on my side, never in the trunk....fear of an accident in the back, and see my Hang transform in wok or a master piece of Cesar the french sculptor.

Happy new year 2011 for all

Jump to: