Board index » Foyer » English

Post subject: Seeing as F&S also frequent... (off topic posts moved by adm
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Seeing as F&S also frequent this forum too, is there any news on the letter(s) I sent you please regarding a hanghang?

Thankyou
D

Last edited by AdminMichael on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally this was posted as a reply to the statement by PANArt about eBay sales. Because it is off topic I decided to move it and the following posts to a new thread.

Post subject: Re: Statement by PANArt concerning sales of Hanghang on EBAY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer don't write on this forum. Therefor they asked the forum administration to publish their statement, as you can see on the left side: hangforum is the account of the forum administration used when publishing texts (mostly used in the News section).

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am

I know they dont write of the forums as they would be bombarded with questions etc

But they will view all the forums as its in their interests to do so!

They have my letter with my home address and email details should they wish to offer any contact direct with me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't deceive yourself, didgeridoo. It is not impossible that they will read this but it is most likely that they will not. And I am 100% sure that posting messages to PANArt here will not have any effect on how PANArt will deal with single Hang requests.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh Pete, you have a lot to learn about PANart and the forum world. Do you think you're special enough and stand out amongst the hoards of many wannabe Hang owners out there, that Felix or Sabina would pick your post out of everyone elses.

You sent them a letter, you wait, you may get a response now, you may get a response later, you may not even get a response... its happened. You have to wait and be patient.

What do you know of the FIH Pete?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 am

the FIH is said to be the ONE, the pan that sounds different from any others before and people either like the FIH sounds or they dont, its a marmite pan

Despite that its meant to be the best they have made this far, but unles you hold and play one, videos dont really help much

Why did you ask such a question?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Didgeridoo,

the Hang is not a pan. Pan is the national instrument from Trinidad.
Steelpan or Pan. A different instrument.
Some people use the acronym Pan for Handpan. Some because they dont know that this is the wrong name and some know it but dont care about the history of Pan.

I like it, if we use the correct tem for the Hang on this place.
So, it is simple a Hang.

Greetings

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 am

didgeridoo wrote:
Why did you ask such a question?

I ask because have you ever played one? what is your purpose for wanting a Hang? to perform, to Jam or to just make music for yourself?

They are all relevent questions and ones that you need to think about, what do you want from this instrument? It may not be the Hang that you look for is all I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am

http://www.handpan.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 638#p71638

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 am

didgeridoo,

I am astonished that after all this time, you continue to behave in a bewildering manner towards the Hang and PANArt - especially in a thread from PANArt about ebay :?

Have you learned nothing from reading on the internet, or attending Hangout UK :?:

Why on earth would would post a response to a question directed at you here on Hangforum, with a response on Handpan.org? Handpan.org has nothing to do with the Hang.

Why on earth are you posting "Why I Want One" at all on the internet of all places? Moreover, using words like Pan or Handpan, or cross-posting on disparate (differing) forums shows either ignorance or intentional rudeness. :|

It simply makes no sense.

I would pay very close attention to Kelly's words :idea:

Kelly Hutchinson wrote:
Oh Pete, you have a lot to learn about PANart and the forum world. Do you think you're special enough and stand out amongst the hoards of many wannabe Hang owners out there, that Felix or Sabina would pick your post out of everyone elses.

You sent them a letter, you wait, you may get a response now, you may get a response later, you may not even get a response... its happened. You have to wait and be patient.

I am not wise in the ways of PANArt, but I can certainly follow and respect their point of view. You would be wise to do the same.

-greenoak :|

As you feed on men and things, so they feed upon you. Be wholesome food to others if you would not be poisoned.
--- Mikhail Naimy ---

Post subject: Re: Seeing as F&S also frequent... (off topic posts moved by adm
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 am

Pete,

There were 3 FIH at HangOut last year, I am surprised that you didn't track them down and give them a go. What you have posted here (hangforum.com) is a contradition to what you write over on handpan.org. You are ideally seeking a 2nd Gen or IH, if it's these tunings that you desire then the FIH is not going to give you what you want... I guarantee that.

Also i notice you say you first played a Hang in 2005/2006 and have spent until now saving money to buy one... you do know that back in 2005/2006 and indeed up until around 2008 a Hang was very affordable indeed, a new 2nd gen from PANart was around £420 and the IH was around £800. It's only in the last few years that the price has increased due to online auction site sales, so why have you left it so late in order to try and get one?

Think long and hard about what you want from your sound, what is it that appeals to you about the FIH?? and not just because you've heard its the one, the best of the best... what do you want from your FIH?

Jump to: